Author Topic: EVE Online Thread  (Read 51960 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2008, 11:47:20 AM »
Thanks Caradir :)

I swear, I read that description this morning, and I didn't see any bonus on Merlin. But now when I read it, it it is there exactly as Caradir posted above :o   This is a conspiracy to make me look stupid!  ::)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2008, 11:49:43 AM »
hmm, i see that the first descriptions are slightly different than the last.

The first descriptions go like this:
X% bonus to A and Y% bonus to B per level

The last description goes like this:
X% bonus to A per level and Y% bonus to B per level

Is the bonus for A in the first example X% or (level*X)%???

EDIT: hmm, this post on page 12, target post on page 11... Lets fix that...
I'm talking about this:
Caldari Frigate Skill Bonus: 5% bonus to Missile Kinetic Damage and 5% bonus to Missile Launcher rate of fire per level

Covert Ops Skill Bonus: -98% to -100% reduction in Cloaking Device CPU use per level and 10% reduction to duration/activation time of modules requiring Astrometrics per level
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:51:36 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2008, 12:14:17 PM »
Each level of skill gives you the same bonus, however they stack.

so at

I  5%
II 5% +5% =10%
III 5% + 5% +5% =15%   etc

so its X * Level %

the only awkward ones are the skills thats say - X to -Y, as i used covert ops in the example Buzzard

at
I its -98 %       (or 2% normal usage) to cpu requirements for cloaks
II its -98.5%     (1.5% normal usage)
III -99%          (1% normal usage)
IV -99.5%        (0.5% normal usage)
V -100%          (0 cpu required)

confused?  ok the
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II  i use has requirements of 10000tf of cpu usage (ouch) no ship that isnt meant to use cloaks can fit this badboy.

now the 10000 tf is reduced to 200 tf at Covert Opsl I which is still 2/3 of the buzzards total cpu capabilities. each level of Covert Ops beyond the first reduces this by a further 50tf until at V the cloak uses 0tf of cpu.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »
yeah, i was wrong there, so normally skill per lvl gives 1.0X^level bonus.

But what i meant was that the notations are different.

The first line says:
bonus to A and bonus to B per level

The second line says:
bonus to A per level and bonus to B per level.

So my question was: Is the first line meant as:
- (bonus to A and bonus to B) per level
or
- (bonus to A) and (bonus to B per level)

Hope its clearer now...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 01:27:03 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »
ok i gets ya ;) its just the way its worded in the ship bonuses.

you get (Bonus to A and bonus to B) per level
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
CCP and correct/obvious wording do not go well together!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »
CCP and correct/obvious wording do not go well together!
They are the children of vikings. I don't think "correct wording" is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "viking"...

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »
Question: I'm having trouble fitting the 4th launcher on my Kestrel, due to power constraints.
Is there any way to increase power produced by the ship's core - or reduce power used by Missile Launcher I's, except for Engineering? I've got Engineering III atm and it looks that even with Engineering IV I'll still be short on power. Alternatively I'd have to install an auxilliary power core I suppose, but it seems silly that an expensive module like that is necessary for a relatively basic setup on a relatively basic frig?
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
Yes, there are a bunch of skills in the 'Missile' tree.
But you should also look at the Engineering gear to increase ships power core: Reactor Control Unit, Power Diagnostic System and Micro Auxiliary Power Core.

Get used to it, this is the main challenge in EVE (I have n CPU and p power, now how do I fit my ship ...).

Did I mention EFT2?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »
PDU's/PDS's especially are good for 'grid increase's on caldari boats as they also up shield recharge rate :)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2008, 09:28:43 PM »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2008, 05:51:20 PM »
Managed to find one of my old accounts and reset the password.
I have the mail addresses I used for the accounts but not the user names - which makes it hard doing a password reset.

I've opened a petition and they've asked for things like:  CD key used on the account (umm) - GTC's used on the account (umm)`- as well as may other things. 

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
Managed to find one of my old accounts and reset the password.
I have the mail addresses I used for the accounts but not the user names - which makes it hard doing a password reset.

I've opened a petition and they've asked for things like:  CD key used on the account (umm) - GTC's used on the account (umm)`- as well as may other things. 

Trawl those email accounts trash - if they are like gmail and keep everything - then you might be lucky to find an email address to "eve username" etc etc :)

Its how I got one of my old ones back a year or so back :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2008, 04:28:54 AM »
Oh the joys of living in the bushes. Internet connection suddenly died last night. The good news was of course that I should have been in bed already, the bad news was that I had about 3 minutes left on a skill training.... Waaah, all night (well, almost six hours) lost :(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »
six hours without skilltraining, is six hours not living at all... oh man, i feel for you   :'(