The Lounge > The Dog & Duck

RL pics

(1/8) > >>

Pashur:
Isn't it time to start a RL pic thread?
Since we will slow down recruitment and settle in, as it was put, I thought why not present myself. To me, putting a face or some background facts like hobbies, job etc to an in game character is a very good way of building a community feeling. It is not for everyone of course which I respect.
I was born in 1959 in the north of Sweden and spent my youth in this snowy landscape skiing, fishing and doing other outdoors activities. For quite a few years I was a lot into sled dogs which may be exotic in this community. I have also played volleyball since my youth and I still participate in beach volley tournaments. I am married and have three children of which the two oldest are at universities in Britain. I have a PhD in Chemistry and currently work as a research scientist in Belgium.
WoW was my first MMO. I have also tried Tabula Rasa, LotRO and Conan but none of them clicked with me. So my online life has for the last two and a half years been WoW. A month or so ago I started to feel really fed up with WoW so I was eagerly awaiting WAR and so far it has more than met my expectations. Other hobbies I have are cycling, boardgames, computers and our two dogs. If you want to chat or whisper me I speak Swedish, Dutch or English and some other languages on an understanding basis only.
For those ex-wowers that still care, these were my two main chars: Medeba and Eljas

Ok, some RL pics then:

I am the guy with the sun glasses.

Hiking in the Swedish mountains together with my oldest son.

Skiing is something I and the family like to do. This is my wife in the Italian alps in February this year.

Torgal:
Gawd, don't those Alps look amazin'. Makin' me wanna go on holiday o_o.

Mangala:
I dont photograph well - so people get me on the sly normally. But here is one of me in Thailand a while back:

Me in Iceland last year:

Goatboy:
I liked the one of you where you looked quite like a pint of beer, Beo. :p

Malt:
I've looked through photo's of myself, and I have a beer in my hand in at least 50% of them.
As I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone so here is one taken at a Beer Festival in 2006.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version