Author Topic: The eve client stopped working :(  (Read 1472 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
The eve client stopped working :(
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
As the title says.
My eve-client stopped working, for some reason it started the sound and the flash pic of "quantum rise".
But nothing more :(
So I'm reinstalling it again, noticed that I had the classic client without premium gfx also so downloading that as well (thought I had premium gfx but seems not). But very annoying. Probably a result of playing in windowed mode I suppose.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: The eve client stopped working :(
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
dont have suggestions for a solution other than: 'Good luck!'

:-\
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »
Works now at least...
9h until the patch between classic and premium is downloaded.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
That sounds a lot like the problem i had not long ago after the client crashed. Reinstalling didnt help for me because there were probably some stored settings hidden somewhere in a registry jungle..
But after reinstalling the client a new shortcut appeared in the client folder that started eve in safe mode(not premium graphics and windowed mode). After starting it up like this i could exit and start eve normally and then i just had to turn on premium again and everything was back to normal.

If you managed to come back in with classic client you will probably get premium working as soon as that is installed tho. :)