Author Topic: Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim  (Read 11921 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »
Quick seriousish post.

Mac recently setup a contract of unrefined ores to the corp.  I took those figures and plugged them into various tools to get the refined minerals total based on Thera's skills. Then plugged into it my spreadsheet (Sitting at the parents with not much to do right now :S) as well as added all my data for the differing yield types of minerals.

The attached sheet shows the difference between payout. Yes based on Thera refining, but even with subpar refining skills, taxes etc it looks like selling refined mins over ore itself (even if you do it yourself) wins out.

I'll pay out to Mac based on the refined total regardless :)

* Mangala goes off to look for tea.

Err, isnt this just an issue about the payout price? I mean, isnt this just a complicated workaround to say that the payout should get maybe 90% in stead of 80%?
It seems that with current prices payout for mineral is ~20% higher than for ore. This would mean that payout should be about 80*1.2=96%, right?
So maybe just drop all the refinesteps in between, change payout for ore from 80% to 90 or 95 and Thera wont have to refine for indiviuals anymore (just the big batches the corp gets).
(not for selling to corp anyway)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »
Keep it simple and have the same amount for both ore and mins.
The guys have enough to track already.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »
well, what i mean is: let thera refine all. what i said was all about keeping it simple
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »
I was thinking more about payout.
80% of the price is fair - and takes into account the corp making a slow/steady income/building stuff from the mins.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 11:07:55 AM »
I was talking about this:
I'll pay out to Mac based on the refined total regardless Smiley
Which IMO is the same as just paying a higher price for ore, as i tried to express in clear English 4 posts up from here...

I'm fine with 80%

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 07:34:06 AM »
Just pay us out at the ore prices.
I don't think anyone will quible over a difference in payout values. Keep it to the simple 80% formula after all any extra isk made after thera refines it will go into the corp coffers which benefits us all in the long run.
The first two amounts i put through were more for my own benefit in testing how i would do things. From now on ill be saving ores up until i have a minimum of 500000 units of each ore i contract back to the corp. Based on current levels of enjoyment and practicality i think the Corp has found along term miner in me  ::).
As i usually have 101 other things to do at the same time as playing this game (the price of having so many young children) i tend to semi afk mine anyway which i will continue to do in hi-sec. Lowsec will be a different matter :-\.
Not being to up on the manufacturing processes of building things I will probably find it difficult to judge the amounts of ore needed/wanted so if i start putting through to much of the basic ores please tell me. Ii don't want to take isk out of the corp by them paying for ores they don't need.
If there is a particular ore the corp wants more than others (not O.O yet please as im still a noob  ::)  ) let me know and ill hunt some out.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »
Ii don't want to take isk out of the corp by them paying for ores they don't need.
This wont happen. The benefit of only paying 80% of price is that corp can sell ore/mins and make a profit - when it needs money.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2008, 10:13:36 AM »
This is handy and worls with in-game: http://grismar.net/eve/ore/index.php
I think the Isk/M3 is out of date

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »
Looks like the Kernite price in the sheet is off - at least the price of ordinary Kernite is way higher than the Fiery and Luminous variants, which, afaik, shouldn't be the case.

On the discussion above: imho we should find out what amount of minerals Thera (as our best refiner) can get out of the minerals.
Then we can simply calculate what the actual value of the raw minerals is for the corp. Set apart a small % for Thera refining (it should add up with large numbers anyway! - and payout the miner based on Thera's (good) refinery skills. Everybody wins. :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »
Kernite prices are right. There is less of a buying demand for the better yield stocks of that ore - probably given the amount of regular kernite on the market its easier to just buy that in volume (I dont play the ore.mineral market much to know for certain) and use well skilled refiners than hunt down the better quality types in hisec (unlike veld etc Omber/Kernite +yield types arent as bountiful). When I put my notes together on this when prepping the figures, it was roughly 6:1 in favour or Kernite over each of its derivitives as far as amounts in buy orders went.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
odd.
Do the prices still fly when calculating it from the prices for refined products?
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 08:08:03 AM »
I contracted some stuff to the Corp yesterday. I wonder if I did it right...?

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
I was offline earlyish y'day and at work all day today. I'll be home in around 30 min and check on the contract.
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »
Swuul offered some items that don't have a listing yet on contract.
Smashed Trigger Unit 11
Dark Compound 5
Burned Logic Circuit 3
Motley compound 6
Tripped power circuit 6
Condensed Alloy 42
Precious Alloy 72
Gleaming Alloy 49
Crystal Compound 32
Lucent Compound  31

I accepted his (your) contract, but didn't pay for these items yet.
Should I just take 80% of the current Jita prices, or shall I wait until you (Mang) add them to the list?
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »
Oops - thought I had all the salvage :S  Heres those 3 (had them in my list, but didnt copy them over - idiot that I can be!):

Smashed Trigger Unit 55.00 p/u is market  44.00 is corp

Burned Logic Circuit 66,210.86 p/u is market   52,968.68 is corp

Tripped power circuit 20,101.00 p/u is market   16,080.80

I'll update the spreadsheet with these after new years (sorry I hadnt had them in place sooner, lots of salvage to add :S)

The remaining items are drone alloys.  They refine down to minerals, Thera will refine them later and she'll payout on the mineral prices. (I'll grab some market data on drone alloys and get those set into the spreadsheet too after new years0.

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."