Author Topic: Guild Alliance - Prospective.  (Read 11263 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Alliance - Prospective.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 09:25:45 AM »
EvE really understood this stuff ... sadly most MMOs are significantly lacking from where EvE was years ago.
Maybe I should reactivate my old EvE account - see how the world's changed ..

Offline Nushka

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
Sylvan Blades are known to myself and Nabal as they were a guild from our old server, and I have an old guildy in there. The head people are fine, I think they just grew a bit fast and picked up some baggage on the way.  

Another guild you might want to look at is Soul Pact, I hear they are just starting on our server. They are a also from my old server, and a very respected guild indeed. Has older people in it, and are not growing too fast. I suspect they are not as casual as us, as before they were very active in RvR, but as time mellows all men I suspect they will have as well. I believe Tenpit is a gm. They will have a pvp/RvR slant.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »
So, on the prospective list so far:

Cry Havoc - Orisha
Black Regiment - Clericia
Sylvan Blades - Jalandariel
Soul Pact - <TBD>

Any more that we should approach as prospective?
This isn't to say we MERGE with any of them. It's an alliance for mutual fun and profit.

Vac

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »
btw, here is a full list of the Karak-Hirn Order Guilds. Clicking one will show you the guild leader.

http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?browse=10&filters=1003=39;1006=1#guilds:0+1
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »
Using the link posted above, i had a quick look on those guilds' members. Both Black Regiment and Cry Havoc seem to be light on healers and okey-ish on tanks. Black Regiment is very heavy on WHs, Cry Havoc has lotsa BWs and also a number of IBs. Their size and average member lvl seem to match ours pretty well. The Sylvan Blades is quite bigger that us and they have several lvl 40 players already. On the other hand they seem to have better balanced career setup.

Offline Envicta

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »
Sounds a great concept,    but i'm going to ask stupid questions now and i'm too lazy to search for the answers..

Edit:   I read http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance and got majority of the answers myself

So..

1)   After forming the Alliance,   does our guild-name change to show the Alliance name? or displayed-at-all?
2)   Assuming that a Guild can only take over a Fort, not an Alliance,  does this create complications on joint-ventures?

Apologise if they were previously answered!

PS.  I think Alliance name should be either "Rebel Army" or "Alliance",  forcing the Destruction alliance to be either "Dark Side" or "Horde" :)

Envicta.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 03:50:19 PM by Envicta »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »
1)NO the new name is alliance name not guild

2) No only merged in an agreement to team up to help the war

3) no idea

4) no affect on the guild chain of command, alliance issues i imagine as per leader officer discussions

5) easier to take keeps as we will have allies to call on to arrange tactics, more manpower etc

6) no idea ill need to read about

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »
Good feedback everyone - we will try to move the conversations with Orisha and 'Cry Havoc' forward as well.
Whilst we're keen to move forward with this to allow us to take the step forward in coordination, we want this to be a successful alliance and as such are in no rush.

We should also approach the Sylvan blades - who is their GM?

I'll bet 1c that Sylvan are already allied with other guilds.  <EDITED myself here>

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:31:33 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »
Remembering the issues from Eve - a second game channel is handy for alliance social chat.  Keep the primary for call-to-arms, etc.

Do they use TS also? There's nothing more annoying than having multiple chat apps running and switching between them - it not only slows down forming groups but ends up with people relaying instructions.  If you decide to merge TS servers - create separate sections for each guild and then sub-channels beneath for tasks/tiers.  We should also have a DNS entry for our TS (rather than IP address) - a sub-domain such as ts.handsofjustice.co.uk is easier to remember than IP addresses.

It would also be handy to setup a separate forum for the alliance - it helps keep things clean should down the road things go pear shaped (thinking of accounts, rights, etc).

When setting up the alliance - treat it like a business - create a bunch of shares and split it how you want between the guild leads.
Treat these as voting rights.  I know it sounds a little convoluted but it helps down the road as things expand and change.

2nd channel would help really, but only when they let channels be persistent, otherwise those on less friendly terms with the UI will never join it...

TS - isnt hosted on this package its from a third party other my website hosts, so not sure how to make that domain stuff work (PM me with a brief how to if it can be done easily?)

Forum: See below. I'm not paying for another hosting package (I have 3 already: Business, Personal and this sort of). So a forum section on here will have to be it until I can be bothered! Also, I can ban all the non-hoj forum users in an alliance in one go. I have that all setup and ready to roll :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »
I can ban all the non-hoj forum users in an alliance in one go. I have that all setup and ready to roll :)

not that you like power Jon you megalomaniac you :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »
I would like an alliance of equals - on my Chosen alt (which I dont really play so much) the guild was in an alliance with the largest guild on the server.  They basically used us to run suicide diversions while they capped other keeps, thinking that they were somehow the leaders.  We left pretty quickly.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
no need to worry jeremiah we dont do follow the leader, and ive known Jon (Beosvir) for a few years now he has "problems" doing that so he would soon sort it anyways ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:17 PM »
no need to worry jeremiah we dont do follow the leader, and ive known Jon (Beosvir) for a few years now he has "problems" doing that so he would soon sort it anyways ;)

Its a positive personality trait, not a problem ;)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 12:17:25 AM »
Hope for the best - plan for the worst :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »
I've been on one Gunbad run with The Slyvan Blades I didn't see any problems but then I didn't sign up with them either :)

Timers in their guild and I'm not currently a fan but I've not talked to the guy so I can't really judge.

Plus as has been said I would be surprised to find they arn't already allied. 
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)