Author Topic: [Alliance] Beyond Control Website & Comms Info  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Control Website & Comms Info
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 06:18:34 AM »
I seriously believe Sin has set me on ignore. Just a moment ago in Alliance chat I tried to bring this up, but I get no reply. Racnim Sin chatted with the others in the chat, so he wasn't AFK. This wasn't the first time either, so...

I wonder what the hell I have done to piss him up this bad :(
He checked and could not find anything wrong with your account. Please try again and if it's not working, send him a mail ingame plz.

[edit]he suggested it might be cookie related?[/edit]
Nope, I just can't log in with my password anymore. Not from home, not from work, not with IE6, not with IE7, not with IE8, not with Opera, not with Firefox :(

There is also no way to reset the password, which is frankly quite retarded if you ask me...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »
phpbb is pretty lame.

which is why im happy i killed one of the previous hoj forums and upon restarting it i moved to smf and ive been happy ever since.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »
I seriously believe Sin has set me on ignore. Just a moment ago in Alliance chat I tried to bring this up, but I get no reply. Racnim Sin chatted with the others in the chat, so he wasn't AFK. This wasn't the first time either, so...

I wonder what the hell I have done to piss him up this bad :(
He checked and could not find anything wrong with your account. Please try again and if it's not working, send him a mail ingame plz.

[edit]he suggested it might be cookie related?[/edit]
Nope, I just can't log in with my password anymore. Not from home, not from work, not with IE6, not with IE7, not with IE8, not with Opera, not with Firefox :(

There is also no way to reset the password, which is frankly quite retarded if you ask me...
:(
I don't know what to do then either.
Make a new account? Have you both tried that?

Anyway, for any questions contact Sin or Beth ingame, cause it's not much use me playing messengerboy here  ::)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 12:27:39 PM »
Anyway, for any questions contact Sin or Beth ingame, cause it's not much use me playing messengerboy here  ::)
I know you are the messenger and there is no point at shooting you ( ;) ), but the problem is that Sin doesn't reply to me, ever. He chats happily with others in Alliance chat, everybody else seems to notice my attempts to communicate with him, but he just doesn't reply to me (and to be frank, it has started to piss me off, royally too). Bethor I've not succeeded to spot when I am online :(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »
Well don't feel too bad about Sin not reacting. He is usually at work when playing, so afk a lot.
Again: try sending him a mail. (But as I said, he already looked into it and can't find anything wrong and suggested it might(!) be cookie-related?)

Also, dont be too pissed at him, he's really not a bad/cocky/whatever-negative-you-can-think guy. I've talked to him on the phone a while back and he really seems nice.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 02:18:09 PM »
Also I would ask you to make a new account on the forum (I have now figured out how to give you the appropriate roles) and see if that one works. This way we can deduct if the problem lies in the swuul-account or elsewhere.

Thanks

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »
Created new account (Swuliina), could log in just fine. Just don't have any rights to actually view anything. In essence, seems the cookie thing is not the issue here...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 05:19:55 PM »
I gave you permissions, so you should be able to log in and use the forum normally on this new account.

I have gotten admin rights yesterday, but am a total forum noob, so I can't figure out what is wrong with the Swuul account :S

Mang, for you goes the same. I have tried resetting the password, but no clue how it works and thus didnt get it to work. I suggest you too create a new account and I will set permissions right asap. Just let me know when you created it (and what name).

Sorry I cant help you guys more.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »
Registered as Mangala

Appd to the maadi group, I need all other relevant groups too.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 07:26:56 AM »
Ok, added you to maadi, maadi command and FC. That should be it, right?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 07:54:30 AM »
Seems to be all ok matey, thanks awfully.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 03:22:18 PM »
I hope your rage cools down a bit after this reply from Sin to your post on the BC-forum:

Hya Swuul,

You did nothing evil for sure... let me say immediately that I didn't ignore you on purpose and I have absolutely nothing against you... even more: I have good memories of our time in MAADI together... so the opposite is more true :)

I even made Saf a forum administrator too so there are more people who can help out with issues :) (currently Bethor, yoghi gall, Saf and I have admin rights).

On the issue at hand... I do blame evil PHPBB too, however we now have a PHPBB forum, so we need to do our best to get everything working. The issues started when we moved the forum from my local PC at home to a dedicated server. We gained more speed and availability... but the transport of the site had some bad effects too... namely cookie problems.

Another reason for those cookie problems is because I changed the main domain. It used to be http://www.newedenreconforce.com, but since we now use this as alliance it is no more than just the main domain should be (and is) http://beyond-control.net.
Clearing all cookies and using the latter domain usually helps... I have heard of people who still experience problems after that... and to be honest: I have no clue what to do about it.

It's just a shitty problem... if I had the time I'd probably write a new forum from scratch, imported these messages and just be done with all the forum crap that is delivered on the net (since there truly is no good forum software out there unless you feel like paying)... but I don't have that time.

:-*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:10:25 PM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
So, a while back I suggested a stupid amount of forum changes to Sinedia for the BC forum.  He did some of them this weekend and made me admin, so Ive begun doing the rest.

The alliance section of the forum is MUCH tidier now - all my suggestions - and is getting more active - admittedly the same handful of folks, but its a start...

So folks, please take time to use the alliance forum even if its just to read the various threads on their please.  I know we as a group dont do singurlarly active in 1 game, but Id like us to keep an interest in BC, as we are capable of doing alot within the alliance :)