Author Topic: A Wow Thread  (Read 70798 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: A Wow Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
well i went out and bought WotLK today however it seems blizzrd are as slow as always :) no reply to my web forms and seems they take up to a week to do so yoinks.

I feel dirty.

Phone them. That's what I did, and I got my account back within hours.

You'll need your original lisence key handy though.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

well ill do that on Monday and hopefully get it sorted.

Just logged into THF forums :D so ill assume my old horde toons are still in there even if i havent logged them for 3 years hehe

i know my alliance toons have been homeless since i rage quit Synchronicity those 3 years ago ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:51:06 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2010, 12:25:32 AM »

well ill do that on Monday and hopefully get it sorted.

Just logged into THF forums :D so ill assume my old horde toons are still in there even if i havent logged them for 3 years hehe

i know my alliance toons have been homeless since i rage quit Synchronicity those 3 years ago ;)

I wouldn't count on your toons being in THF I'm afraid. The last GM had a great purge and removed a lot of people. Kick me on here if you want a reinvite though.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »
yeah i checked armory and none of the names seemed like mine (not that i remember toons names)

currently on hold listening to same message over and over and over again sheesh!!

Seems teh people i needed to speak to finished at 6pm GMT and i got through at 6:10 after being on hold for 30 frikkin minutes.

Emailed them so tomorrow at the earliest for a resolution, at least i got the info from bloke that last payment was in some womans name and not mine so shouldnt be an issue really.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:25:06 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2010, 02:42:38 PM »
phoned them again more time on hold, my lord that hold music is awful.

They have escalated the issue (the highjackers paid a 3 month sub then tried claiming money back as i changed password on them after receiving email from blizz saying account may have been compromised) so once that issue is removed i will be able to log in again.

so awaiting the email telling me all is well ;)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »
just watch put for the scam emails some are pretty good and authentic looking:).

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:48 PM »
still waiting

getting annoyed now (impatience ftw)

how hard can it be to untick a box on a screen somewhere?

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »
still waiting

getting annoyed now (impatience ftw)

how hard can it be to untick a box on a screen somewhere?

think blizz are having trouble with staff lvls at the moment and the billing department is fecked.
ingame gm response time is about 2 days.
i did see a blue post on the forums that it takes a day or longer to restore a hacked account.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
think blizz are having trouble with staff lvls at the moment and the billing department is fecked.
ingame gm response time is about 2 days.
i did see a blue post on the forums that it takes a day or longer to restore a hacked account.

problem is a cashback was placed against the account, what happened was

account was hacked, hacker didnt change password or do anything else.

I recieved an email fdrom Blizz advising account may have been compromised, i log into account management change password.
Noticed a 3 month sub had been put on account, i laughed at silly hackers.
I reinstall game and patch (sigh) to check my banks hadnt been raided, all was fine, logged off, uninstalled, forgotten about.

This all happened 9 months after i stopped playing.

so 1year and a few months after this happened i try to log in with my newly purchased WotLK to find a charge back on the account, i.e. the hackers approached their CC firm to get the cash for the sub they didnt get on my account :) makes me think it was some gold seller who uses accounts for a few months then forwards gold on.

So until they sort it the account is suspended, even though they have agreed that someone subbing up to my account 9 months after i had stopped playing/ uninstalled/ and built a new computer with the fact the person subbing wasnt me (was some woman) it would be dealt with asap.

They couldnt answer how someone could get hold of my account details as i didnt use that name/password combo anywhere else.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2010, 02:48:14 PM »
and now they are spamming my inbox with customer satisfaction surveys before they have even sorted it grrrrr

3 and counting

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2010, 02:59:46 PM »
rotfl somebody on the official forums had been hacked so he filled in the webforms and was waiting for his account to be returned.

and he had the same thing happen to him. :-X

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13516703108&sid=1
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:06:45 PM by Keggi »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2010, 01:15:35 PM »
well thats 8 days since my first webform was sent and still no joy :(

they dont wants me cash again i tells ya.

crappy customer service.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
well thats 8 days since my first webform was sent and still no joy :(

they dont wants me cash again i tells ya.

crappy customer service.

Remember, Vivendi owns Activision-Blizzard, and being French arent used to conflict, so have probably run away.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »
phone them again and give them some abuse wont help get your account back but you will feel better :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »
phone them again and give them some abuse wont help get your account back but you will feel better :)

you reading my mind? Oo