Author Topic: Phish and chips  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Phish and chips
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:14:24 PM »
just to make you aware that in recent days ive been receiving blatant Phishing emails regarding battlenet account settings, dont use links in these mails

thank you
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Phish and chips
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
yup i get them too plus the /w ingame.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »
I love gmails spam filter :)

But seriously, anyone clicking these deserves what they get!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »
I love gmails spam filter :)

But seriously, anyone clicking these deserves what they get!

i agree it just seems my spam box has had at least 3 of these in the past 24 hours so they seem to be on a a recruit boost for Cata :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »
SOCA spec fire wall and spam  filter FTW!
One of the few good things that comes with the job.   ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »
newest one is sooo funny got to laugh at poor english and actually wanting people to believe blizz sent it

Greetings!

Recently,the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous players' equipments and virtual currency stolen.This severely damages the benefits of mass players,also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players' accounts,and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers,we will make the following decisions:we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded.We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection:
LINK REMOVED JUST IN CASE ANY OF YOU ARE NUBS ;)

If your account passes the check successfully,we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail,if you don't submit your information,we have right to freeze your account,every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account.You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account,please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment
ANOTHER LINK REMOVED