Author Topic: Stormtrooper armour not under copyright  (Read 5464 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Stormtrooper armour not under copyright
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Yeah they decided it wasnt art and so its copyright voided 15 years after its last UK registration.

Also the guy being sued did design it, so I say fair play :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:36:17 AM »
But what about poor Mr Lucas? He's losing income!

:'(

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:01:38 AM »
But what about poor Mr Lucas? He's losing income!

:'(

its cost the little man in this story £700,000 ti fight over the past 5 years dont think Lucas will miss out on much compared to what it makes each year through game/book and DVD sales.

He helped design the armour, he made it for the movies, im sure he doesnt care hes not allowed to sell it in USA
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:09:08 AM »
If memory serves from the suit of Stormtrooper armour I owned, the helmet is not a bang on replica of what appeared in A New Hope. The film version was noticably smaller than the 'FX' version that you can obtain from various sellers.

This article makes me want to get another suit, or maybe even go for a Boba Fett cossie! :D

Ooh, ooh, maybe covert some Stormtrooper armour into a TOR Trooper costume?!

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:34 AM »

Which one is the better babe-magnet?

Maybe it's just as well the new SW:tOR is not mac compatible. I could see me failing college over it!

(and before anyone gets all anti-Apple or smug about being a PC owner, I knew the pros and cons when I went Apple and I'm still happy with my choice)

Anyway. I'm delighted that the courts settled in favour of this guy. I'm tired of Lucas' constant grasping and possessiveness over Star Wars.  I know he was the man behind it, but come on, surely he's made enough and got enough glory from it already!

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »

Which one is the better babe-magnet?

Maybe it's just as well the new SW:tOR is not mac compatible. I could see me failing college over it!

(and before anyone gets all anti-Apple or smug about being a PC owner, I knew the pros and cons when I went Apple and I'm still happy with my choice)

Anyway. I'm delighted that the courts settled in favour of this guy. I'm tired of Lucas' constant grasping and possessiveness over Star Wars.  I know he was the man behind it, but come on, surely he's made enough and got enough glory from it already!

Apparently it runs just fine using Bootcamp... ;D

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 10:26:46 AM »

Apparently it runs just fine using Bootcamp... ;D
[/quote]

Dammit Kurtt, I had forgotten that you are a disciple of the darkside!