Author Topic: warhammer nda lifted  (Read 7682 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
warhammer nda lifted
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »
search the web plenty of info out there :)

must say i love the game even in beta with the oldest servers in history with debugging and other programs running in the background causing some problems.

1.random crash to desktop
2.picture freezes
3.tabbing out then back in causes a black screen to be displayed time to reboot client.

issues with lag in mass RvR there was a lot of lag 300v300 or about that this has improved recently with patches server side and client side.

there is alot of thing similar to wow and other games helps in my opinion lets you settle quicker.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: warhammer nda lifted
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:44:08 PM »
lvling can be done by pve and pvp the quests are your random pve fare like other mmo's with a bit more humour.

there are also the public quests in certain areas throughout the tiers with gain you influence in the area you are in that breakdown into 3 xp type containers down the right side of your screen.

fill one container and you get a choice of potions fill the second and you get to choose from a couple of green armour pieces fill the third container and select from a couple of blue items usually weapons.

completing a public quest gets you the chance of rolling on a chest think top 6 ppl get to roll (handled by client) depending on where you place the better the reward i got a purple cloak for my witch hunter from one.

i think you get your tier armour from the public quests but not sure.

the colour code is the same as WOW green/blue/purple.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:19 PM »
RvR is the most fun i have had in a game in a long time theres scenerios and open RvR and this is how you get renown points which let you buy rewards armour and trinkets.

was going to play witch hunter in live but after playing it does not suit my play style i will be going bright wizard or archmage.

i like how with the classes you have to do one thing to be good at another,take warrior priest you have to get involved in mellee combat to be able to do better heals.

the archmage also you dps and use dots to do better heals.

anyway im loving it and will be playing but make up your own minds there are positives and negatives to the game and you will see both sides if you scour the net.

there are the issues with the client as i have mentioned but im hoping its related to the server we are testing on even the people running the beta admit they are past it.

they do have a new 9million euro server farm for retail so hopefully everything is sorted and there are several more patches atleast before retail release.

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:39:23 AM »
Awesome :words: there buddy, been waiting patiently for the NDA to go poof, and am damn glad it has :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »
city's being cut this will cause problems in beta people just left their racial pairings and headed to the human area this should change in live as you have to control 2 areas to siege a capitol city.

altdorf well what can i say it blew me away the first time and its massive its like a english medieval city with armed camps within its boundry it will take some time to get to know your way around.

praag is one of the RvR areas and it really does feel like a city under siege.
the RvR does move around a lot if you get control of praag you then may get the message praag is under the control of order the battle has moved onto reikland.

so off you go to reikland there are plenty of battlefield objectives capture the keep or defend it.
spent 2 hours playing RvR in the chaos wastes last night thats how long it took to lock down the area all RvR areas are pretty big.

there are lots of quests to do in pve throughout each tier and with being able to lvl through pvp also the lvling is pretty fast.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:31:57 AM by suralin »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »
mobs there are 4 lvl's of mobs normal/champion/hero/lord 

normal are your standard trash.

champion are like normal elites in wow my warrior priest could take these down one on one but not easy.

heroes you need about 3 to 4 people.

not seen any lords yet so cant comment.

word of caution these champions and heroes are spread throughout the world so be careful while questing and they are part of the public quest scenarios.

another good feature of the game is the open party and warband options when you enter an area it notifies you of any open parties or warbands and if there is space you can just join no waiting for an invite.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:51:44 PM by suralin »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »
thanks for thr honest critique

from what ive read the RvR sounds like it could be pvp ill actually enjoy, read one article regarding dwarf engineers setting up turrets and lobbing grenades , so thats 3 of my classes decided :)

Bright wizard, Witch hunter and engineer
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »
one last word on the world being instanced there are loading screens between tiers which for me loaded in less than 2 seconds and the tiers are huge.

you dont enter an instance everytime you enter a building(not seen this so far and i dont think there is any of this).

im not going to say anything on classes explore them for yourself :)

in closing the game does have technical issues that i highlighted in my first post but hope these get fixed.

but the game is alot more complete than AOC with no content holes.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:18 AM »
on the engineers you also get landmines hehe.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
on the engineers you also get landmines hehe.

oooooooo luvverly :)

PS I like this:

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »
The more I read, the more I'm of the opinion that I'll stick Order, specifically Ironbreaker & Engineer. EU servers are where I'll call home too (Graphic lag + Distance to a US server lag dont make good pvp/rvr bedfellows ;D).

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »
i did try ironbreaker they gave it alot of the hammerer skills in pve they do a good tanking job.

on my server with destro having about 100 more players at most times order do a really good job in the RvR last night we beat them down to nothing securing praag/reikland and the chaos wastes.

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »
I think overall Order looks to be the underdog - down the "sexiness" factor of the Destro classes. I like the idea of being against the zerg :)

Oooo another Engi selling point:

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »
Even if you are in Beta - watch the official cinematic.

ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:55:32 PM by Beosvir »