Author Topic: So let me get this straight...  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
So let me get this straight...
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »
Mangala
Administrator
League of Extraordinary Gentleman

league noun, verb,leagued, lea·guing.

–noun
1. a covenant or compact made between persons, parties, states, etc., for the promotion or maintenance of common interests or for mutual assistance or service.

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. In the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems the name for this diagnosis is multiple personality disorder. In both systems of terminology, the diagnosis requires that at least two personalities routinely take control of the individual's behavior with an associated memory loss that goes beyond normal forgetfulness; in addition, symptoms cannot be the temporary effects of drug use or a general medical condition.

Hmm, took me very long to get this. I must be a bad psychologist after all. No wonder I didnt get that intership spot today.  :(

As for you Jon:
Prognosis

DID does not resolve spontaneously, and symptoms vary over time. Individuals with primarily dissociative symptoms and features of posttraumatic stress disorder normally recover with treatment. Those with comorbid addictions, personality, mood, or eating disorders face a longer, slower, and more complicated recovery process. Individuals still attached to abusers face the poorest prognosis; treatment may be long-term and consist solely of symptom relief rather than personality integration. Changes in identity, loss of memory, and awaking in unexplained locations and situations often leads to chaotic personal lives.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:20:45 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: So let me get this straight...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:34:02 PM »
Based around Jon's current travels and "extra curricular activities"  :D  in the locations he is currently visiting im inclined to think that he is more likely to suffer from 'Neurosyphilis' than 'DID'.

(Commonly called Brain Syphilis, Neurosyphilis dementia is also a psychiatric diagnosis wherein a multitude of atypical anti-psychotic medications are used to help control the patient's irrational behaviors, with limited success. The term is used in traditional classifications of organic disorders of the brain).

1. it would explain the sudden behaviour changes.
2. His lifestyle increases the likelyhood of Syphilis being contracted.
3. The part of the world he is currently in has a larger infected population than western Europe.
4. It amuses me to take the piss out of him  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: So let me get this straight...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 08:08:33 AM »
Im all alone in the league.  You guys need to post more.

Mac, you're just mean.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."