Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 39518 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 07:19:13 AM »
NOW we all know Star Trek has no currency
:D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »
NOW we all know Star Trek has no currency

i USED to like you :P

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »
nah, i feel honoured you assumed I know such things about a fictional sci-fi television program / movie
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »
nah, i feel honoured you assumed I know such things about a fictional sci-fi television program / movie

-1 on your geek quotient ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »
mmm Klingons got cut.

So no other playable factions now?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
mmm Klingons got cut.

So no other playable factions now?

Klingons still in as far as im aware beta currently is SF only though.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »
mmm Klingons got cut.

Klingons do not get cut - they disembowel all who try!
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 06:58:46 PM »
Thank god!
Having star trek geeks trying to roleplay Klingons should be priceless!  :D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »
Thank god!
Having star trek geeks trying to roleplay Klingons should be priceless!  :D

Cult of Kahless STO guild

Klingon speakers only need apply

we look forward to running our bat'leths through Starfleet together.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 08:19:24 PM »
Why advertise in english?

For extra nerd points, advertise in Klingon, or just nail someones head to the board ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »
Why advertise in english?

For extra nerd points, advertise in Klingon, or just nail someones head to the board ;)

erm i dont know Klingon i dont have enough nerd points for the training ;)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »
erm i dont know Klingon i dont have enough nerd points for the training ;)
Nuqjatlh? jIH DichDaq Dun Daq chaH tlhej je chaH DIchDaq Sov vetlh jIH.

Which would translate to something like:
"Huh? (degrotary). I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »
That scares me :)

Meanwhile in the US, Digital Deluxe Edition announced now as well, $69.

The Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition offers such bonuses as five exclusive in-game items as well as the ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The five exclusive in-game items include:

* Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).
    * Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
    * Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.
    * Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.
    * Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

So, anyone else get a feeling they just want to get as much cash in from box sales (theres a huge range of box offers/store limited offers) by playing on trek nerds and their wallets, regardless of anything else, then they can sit back and wait for the shit to hit the fan, laughing all the way to the bank?

(I get worried when a games money folks have an urge to do all this stuff for an MMO release, rather than using it as stuff they can addin over time - and while I dont want to praise Blizzard too much (or hell even CCP), wows release way back didnt have this in this sort of levels, and well EVE never really has done, except for the recent box relaunch...)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:57:55 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »
One question - is it possible to do purely the space side of stuff and never do a single avatar related thing ever?