Author Topic: Lister to finally live his dream?  (Read 5321 times)

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Lister to finally live his dream?
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:35:29 AM »
The Red Dwarf crew reaches home in an Easter Special:

Red Dwarf voyages back to Earth
Red Dwarf
Red Dwarf won a Bafta for best British comedy series

Cult comedy Red Dwarf is returning to TV, 21 years after its initial launch.

The show has been resurrected by digital channel Dave for a two-part Easter weekend special, which sees the cast finally return to Earth.

Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites the line-up, including Coronation Street's Craig Charles.

The hit show, which ran for eight series on BBC Two between 1988 and 1999, won an International Emmy award.

'No holds barred'

Set three million years into the future, the show followed the exploits of Dave Lister, slovenly crew member of the mining ship Red Dwarf - and the last man in the universe.

He was joined in his weekly attempts to make it back to Earth by a cast of oddballs including human hologram Arnold Rimmer, sanitation mechanoid Kryton and Cat - a preening half-man, half-animal who evolved from the ship's cat.

At its peak, Red Dwarf pulled in around eight million viewers and was broadcast in more than 25 countries.

It has sold more than seven million DVDs and videos.

The new two-part series Red Dwarf: Back to Earth will be followed by a "no holds barred" episode without sets, special effects or autocue.

The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: the Making of Back to Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new episodes.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Lister to finally live his dream?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Bump - its on this weekend on Dave :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »
Friday 9pm for those unawares
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
thats evetime i assume?  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
thats evetime i assume?  ;)

afraid not matey BST ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »
whats difference between BST and GMT btw?
GMT no daylight saving time or such?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »
whats difference between BST and GMT btw?
GMT no daylight saving time or such?

GMT is no daylight saving time yes :)  The EVE server runs on GMT all the time, as Iceland doesnt do Daylight Savings at all. (Even though the server is based in london..)

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
Thank raptorlaserbabyjesus for Sky+.

Ive gotten tickets to see the Prodigy tonight :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
Thank raptorlaserbabyjesus for Sky+.

Ive gotten tickets to see the Prodigy tonight :D

nice one hope its Fantastic ;)