Author Topic: Inception  (Read 6627 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Inception
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Inception
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
Want too - a) it looks awesome b) its by the director of memento and c) leo is meant be as on top form as he ever is.

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »
highly recommeneded perfect casting, well acted, good plot, some nice effects and a new style / different concept very original movie whilst obviously wearing some of its influences well..

dont want to overhype it or ruin it for anyone but i would recommend seeing it at the cinema very very enjoyable.

laters elv
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:12:56 PM by elv »

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:40:56 PM »
I have seen this in the theater.  Very cool and worth the money ( which is saying something these days ).  I would not say its "complicated" ( as some reviews claim ) but I would suggest a limber mind.  Very suspenseful.
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »
Seeing it in an hour :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 08:02:08 AM »
Mates called me if I wanted to come along yesterday, but I'd already made plans to go to Le Concert with my gf (which was nice btw  :)), so I will have to go another time

How was it?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »
It was one of the best films I've ever seen in cinemas. I don't watch a ton of movies when they first come out, but this was more than worth it. The writing was superb, the avant-garde falling, an amazing score. Few minor complaints that don't even deserve being brought to light.

I'm really in awe of what Nolan pulls off.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 11:31:18 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
yeah went and saw it last week, was awesome.

Im usually not a afan of Leo however this is one of the best films i have seen in a long long time, i dhit you not.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
Im a huge Leo fan, except in Titanic.  Especially when he works with Scorcese too :)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
agreed i think hes quite possibly the actor of his generation, bar titanic and man in the iron mask i think he has been excellent in all of his movies and on top of that he actually picks some interesting movies to do.

laters elv.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
A 2 hour and 20 minutes movie that feels like a regular length one. Says it all really!
Oh that ending... we waited until after the end titles, hoping they'd show some more.

I think Ellen Page is going to be in many more awesome movies as she matures into womanhood. And what about Tom Hardy? He seems to be losing weight and gaining weight for his roles like crazy. I really liked him in this movie. Can't wait to seem him as Max in Mad Max 2012!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »
Can't wait to seem him as Max in Mad Max 2012!

Excuse me?

*frantically searches imdb*

/facepalm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character