Author Topic: The Cataclysm 'geared up for HCs/Raids' thread  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
The Cataclysm 'geared up for HCs/Raids' thread
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:14 AM »
Just thought it'd be handy to have this so we can all see who's available to run through some Heroic dungeons, with a view to even trying a few 10 man raids for a laugh. The random queue is pretty much full of complete dickheads who take it waaay to seriously, so i'm eager to get some guild runs going.

To enter a HC dungeon you have to have an average ilevel of 329. If you don't already know, it tells you yours in the main character screen in with the stats. So when you do, post your used toon in here along with the role. So far the ones I know are geared are -

Monkeychug - Hunter - DPS
Garantine - Warrior - DPS
Mátteh - Rogue - DPS
Scufflenuts - Rogue - DPS

any chance this can be made a sticky post?

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm 'geared up for HCs/Raids' thread
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »
Also, we need to get Garantine to gear up to tank aswell. He tells me he's turned dps as he finds it more fun, but deep down I know it's because he's a giant girl and gets scared of tanking hard fights :P

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:24:56 AM »
My DK - Shalbatana - is hovering around ilvl325 in DPS gear (120k HP) and ilvl320 or so in tank gear (118k HP). So not even close yet.

Id be willing to tank heroics once im geared but Id need to run the originals first - and since I dont group with pugs I havent really done this (The majority of the 12mill should be sterilised is the only thing I ever seem to take away from pugs) and so gear is very much lacking; hell lots of it is still green so even unenchanted too.

When/if I get geared, then its 1 tank at least ready to roll.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:26:29 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Yyan

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »
My Mage, Borri, currently has an ilevel of 336 so add me to the list! :)

P.s. I'm still working on my druid, so we should have another Healer / Dps if needed.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
If you can't tank or heal a PUG in normal mode, you won't be able to tank or heal a guild group in heroics. Get used to save the retards in normal PUGs, in heroics even if people do everything by the book shit will happen, so you need to have the reflexes you learned from saving idiot PUGgers.

This said with the massive experience of having completed *one* heroic run (and having attemtped a few others). The weird thing is that the one successful heroic I did heal a semi-PUG, so sometimes you can win the jackpot in the dungeonfinder :)

Offline scufflenuts

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »
should do ICC 10 and uldaur 10 HM's for mounts aswell imo :P