Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim  (Read 34681 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »
dispatched :D

however a friend just invited herself for dinner tomorrow, so thats my evenings plans gone.

Unless she's hot then cancel ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »
dispatched :D

however a friend just invited herself for dinner tomorrow, so thats my evenings plans gone.

Unless she's hot then cancel ;)

she is and we always have lots of fun together *sigh*
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 01:58:32 PM »
GT review

but someone please slap the fucker for referring to "controller" on what should remain a PC first title. Which pisses me off slightly less than the number of 3rd person videos :S

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-elder-scrolls/723800
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:00:52 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »
I agree with you, but AFAIK it's been ported from xbox 360 to all other platforms, so most if not all of the reveiws will be on the 360. I'll be getting it on PS3 I think. my PC needs a bit of upgrading for this latest burst of games. I wonder if it'll be compatible with KB and mouse on the PS as that's what i'm curently doing on Battlefield 3 and works well.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
Goodbye cruel world.

Hello skyrim.

I'll see you all one day...

(its sooo shiny)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 11:13:47 PM »
DL-ed it
and it looks very nice, but from what i played to scripted, i migh install arena or daggerfall soon i guess
when bethesda still made REAL worlds and not these postage stamps
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »
To make it look nicer regardless of gfx settings, tweak the the skyrim prefs ini file found in my games/skyrim.

You can work some serious wonders with that - google / skyrim forums help. (and can also remove stupid question icons and even the compass!)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
cant tell you what the game is like as amazon are shit.

never ever when i order from game or play do i even worry about whether or not i will receive game on release.
Yet Amazon always have issues.
No more of my cash going to them for games.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
cant tell you what the game is like as amazon are shit.

never ever when i order from game or play do i even worry about whether or not i will receive game on release.
Yet Amazon always have issues.
No more of my cash going to them for games.

:(

Although after April they wont get anyones :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »
To make it look nicer regardless of gfx settings, tweak the the skyrim prefs ini file found in my games/skyrim.

You can work some serious wonders with that - google / skyrim forums help. (and can also remove stupid question icons and even the compass!)

or use this link to generate your ini file.

http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Nice find.

Id been editing mine all on my own, but this will make some of my guess work easier :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »
Wwwwwwwwerewolf!!!!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
So 14 hours or so in (and ini tweaks) i can say that i like it but not all of it.  

no stats:0 pure dumbing down for th console kiddies and i dont like it, i want stats to increase my carry limit or my speed not a simple health/magicka or stamina at level up.

UI: the single worst part. Console friendly but PC unfriendly. sometimes it doesnt even react to mouse clicks and acts like you used tab, very annoying in conversations or when trying to sell stuff.

Favourites: good as it pauses and lets you change up spells etc, bad as it pauses and lets you heal from 0 to full (wait there troll im gonna drink 10 potions now)

GFX are ok not quite what id expect from a new PC game but then console kiddies rule ;)

Story however is EPIC (as expected) 14 hours and i know 3 words and 3 shouts (1 of which i dont have a word from), and the rest (other than dragons) is a moral choice of freedom or continued occupation for Skyrim. (being Scots wonder what im choosing ;)  )

Ive only seen 1 dragon so far and thats the one i killed to discover i was dragonborn

Perks as can be expected, i like them especially the new crafting associated ones (smithing 100 to make stuff from my dragon bones)

Roll on the next 300 hours or so ;)

not best game ever but pretty damn close and could be with improvements aimed at PC. Its still a better "port" than many other games yet fails to deliver aspects that PC players look for.

oh and it has werewolves. can you turn into one? im not telling ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
FYI: reason i was finding shouts (exploring) and not getting souls to activate them, was due to needing to advance main story for dragons to actually awaken ;)

Tried to do an "Oblivion" :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »
lawl

guard says "you just like me eh? dont like those clunky 2 handed weapons", and guess what he had strapped to his back :D