Author Topic: A Wow Thread  (Read 71089 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: A Wow Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Val left Sync?

How is Sync doing anyways, you all in a preCata doldrums thing or muddling along doing stuff and not letting the usual preExpansion nonsense get to people?

No idea, I'm playing Horde ;D

Val took his priest out of the guild to join Corpse Run, a 25 man raiding guild. Think he wanted to experience the end game content and a reasonably serious level.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »
That old chestnut.

Hows Horde treating you anyways, still with THF?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »
synch is plodding along from my point of view people did leave for various other guilds or stopped playing.

guild does manage to get 10 mans up and running most of the time so keeps some people happy and ofc heroics for badges is pretty strong.

backdraft once he got to 80 spent about 4 weeks getting geared up so he can take part in most things.

and as you know it is now holding pattern time waiting for cata so ppl are playing on and off like me.

val took his priest to corpse run guild to do 25 man stuff but has left his warrior in synch methinks he has the best of both worlds.

fian was playing on a rp server for a extended period but is back now a brought and good few ppl with him, nice ppl they are too so they fit it great.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2010, 11:43:37 AM »
That old chestnut.

Hows Horde treating you anyways, still with THF?

Yeah, it's all good. Getting gear via badges is super easy mode now, so have my Pally, Hunter and DK all geared up nicely.

THF is still going. We've seen quite a major reshuffle in the officer ranks and a new GM. The new GM is an RL friend of mine, and the officers are mostly new to, with only myself and Baldrian (Frozzone's RL mate) being officers from before TBC.

Still, recruitment seems to be going nicely, and we've re-focused on the social side of the guild, and have lost quite a few hardcore-like players along the way. Not really a bad thing.

Only problem now is, I'm getting bored again :D

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2010, 02:15:06 PM »
Billi is in lemmings and i do raids with him now and then, Nim left with a few others and created a new guild a while ago with them(she seem to have left again), wich was a shock to people as they gave no mention about it up front. Actually Nim wasnt a shock to me from past experiences but some of the others were.
I think we had someone else applying that i remembered from hoj days but i cant remember the name and if they got in.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2010, 01:10:17 PM »
oh noes i reinstalled :S  and found out my account has been suspended since it was compromised so im playing a trial at the mo eeeeeek

what am i doing?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
It has been 3 weeks since i last even logged into any MMO and it feels good.

[snip]

As i get "better" i find that i actually detest ALL MMOs as to me they were a crutch i used to while away the hours and take my mind off things. So im giving them up, you may see me occasionally in LOTRo but not much, i may still try SWTOR but im thinking not.

All they mean to me is an immeasurable timesink, which, if im honest, results in hours of tedium doing the same shit over and over again. That is not fun and i think will eventually be the collapse of MMOs as a genre they are timesinks pretending to be content. They stop you seeing life and being as big a part in it as you could possibly be, now im not saying a few hours here and there is bad but who plays them that way, they arent designed around that concept.

Ill be lurking the boards inputing when its not needed ;)

[snip]

I wish you addicts luck with your online pixelated conquests, and ill say hi if i see you on my occasional visits to other worlds.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »
oh noes i reinstalled :S  and found out my account has been suspended since it was compromised so im playing a trial at the mo eeeeeek

what am i doing?

lol mmo's are in the blood.

saying that i come and go in wow i have a period of intense activity then go and read some books for a while keeps me from getting too bored.

must say i love the banners at the bottom of your posts sums up how i feel wish i could find a fraiser from dads army one "we'are doomed"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:27:42 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2010, 02:52:52 AM »
oh noes i reinstalled :S  and found out my account has been suspended since it was compromised so im playing a trial at the mo eeeeeek

what am i doing?

I cannot say anything as ive done it before now :)

How would you account have been compd though when you havent touched it for so long.  Then again, it happens to so many others - blizz doesnt do security very well it seems.

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
Thats how I got back into WoW. Showed one of my old toons to a mate on the Armoury and realised I had recent activity even though I had not been subbed up for 6 months.

Garry, if your on a trial, roll Horde side. You know you want to, and I can get you in THF :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »
im trying to get my "proper" account unlocked so i dont need to start skint and at level 1 again (WTF has happened to the economy its shocking?).

game seems to have nicked all the best addons and added them on :)   

do achievements translate to anything other than epeen points?

wheres all my pet training? wtf are those points pets now get? and when do i get some?

i miss my 70 mage!! Bigcogg ftw
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
im trying to get my "proper" account unlocked so i dont need to start skint and at level 1 again (WTF has happened to the economy its shocking?).

game seems to have nicked all the best addons and added them on :)   

do achievements translate to anything other than epeen points?

wheres all my pet training? wtf are those points pets now get? and when do i get some?

i miss my 70 mage!! Bigcogg ftw

Some Achievments award titles and mounts. Pet's now get talent trees like players, accesible from your talent window. Think you get them as your pet levels up, every 4 or so levels I think. 

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »
Some Achievments award titles and mounts. Pet's now get talent trees like players, accesible from your talent window. Think you get them as your pet levels up, every 4 or so levels I think. 

yeah i did see all the cool looking mounts going around these days and thought "ooh i want that" :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »
well i went out and bought WotLK today however it seems blizzrd are as slow as always :) no reply to my web forms and seems they take up to a week to do so yoinks.

I feel dirty.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
if your going to be using your mage once you hit 80 grind the hell out of "trial of the champion" instance.

you can get about 7 items for a mage there which are good 80 starter purples then go on to the random heroics for badges to get better gear

a good way of getting a nice flying mount is by doing the culling of stratholme heroic instance which if you do the timed run you get a chance to roll on a bronze drake.

the occulus heroic also gives you a chance of getting a blue drake from the last boss.

doing a certain amount of achievments in i think northrend heroics can get you a red drake.

and doing 10 man obsidian sanctum can get you a black drake we have several people in synchronicity with them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:50:25 PM by Keggi »