Author Topic: HAC/BC Roamers.. June 2010  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
HAC/BC Roamers.. June 2010
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
Date 18th June 2010.
Time: 19.00pm Server Time.
Ship Types: BC & under (Inc T2 variants of ships).
Meetup: Arnola in Derelik. Top Station on the list.

Fleet will go in the fleet finder.

=================================
Who has actual hac skills / or bc skills and thinks they want to pvp/roam etc.

Im looking at a roam for my 2nd night back in June (June 11th or so), that will be a hac/bc group running around hitting gates, belts all over an unknown region of space and generally learning to work together as a group, strengths/weakness etc.

while frig ops are good, they dont teach as much as a bigger ship op does and well we are a juicier target in slightly bigger ships, which should result in more combat to test our mettle. and we need more combat to prove we can walk the walk after all - thats the ultimate aim of this to prove we can do something other than discuss or carebear in molden. i'll be happy with 1 kill, beleive me. i just want us to work together.

if you can fly either well and want to join in a group that I hope strengthens our pvpers/wannbe pvpers then please post what you'd fly, how youd fit it and if you can make the 11th or 12th june in OUR prime (think its a friday or saturday).

Obviously hacs are expensive, but all corps should have a rep program going by this point in our lives (i know all because maadi does, doesnt mean the rest of us do, but hell theres like 5 real people in maadi, and me posting from asia), so please ask your corps if they'd help with a loss from this night.

I know im rich, but my isk is mine so if I do help its cos your loss was my fault and i feel it was.

Re fits.

Please look at short to med range so 15km to 50km fits, with prop mods and some ewar (jam/scram etc).

I have an eagle fit somewhere I need to fly and a few other races hacs I need to play with, but eft passes the time when Im hungover here.

Im not going to poll this as meh, however even if its me on my own, I'll cheat and use mang in a falcon and an alt in a hac if i have too and go dual box.

apologies i ramble, half in the bag and pretty tired too. im bursting with thoughts and ideas right now.

cross posted all over the place.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:15:19 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: HAC/BC Roamers.. June 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
Can fly both with good t2 fits.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
Should be able to fly both.
Need to get myself a hac though :P for that range I suppose it is a Vaga thats the best choice.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:00:08 PM »
For a HAC I would fly something like this (thought arties would be more appropriate for this range, thus muninn)

-------------
[Muninn, New Setup 1]
800mm Reinforced Crystalline Carbonide Plates I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

10MN Afterburner II
10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Tracking Computer II

650mm Artillery Cannon II, EMP M
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I
Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I

+ silly drones
----------------

as BC, something similar, though with moar guns
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:19:44 PM »
I can fly a Drake, and if need be I can be the livebait :)

However, June 11 is when the World Cup begins, and I for one did intend to put all gaming on hold at match times and be glued to the television. Perhaps the roam could start after the matches?

EDIT: And if you are not aware of the schedule, please check http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
Uruguay - France!?

You fanatic you  ::)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »
My intention is to watch all the matches showing on TV, just like I have done since World Cup 1982...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 05:03:02 AM »
Streaming them on my second monitor :)

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »

Football = watch at the pub with your mates.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »

Football = watch at the pub with your mates.

Domestic football yes. 

International football is something I follow but not really care about. I prefer Cricket and Rugby Union at that level.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 10:26:59 AM »
I should be able to fly an Absolution by then - which warfare links would you like in the fitting? And more generally which is the 'best' (yes I have read and agreed the terms and conditions on the use of that word in EVE discussions :) ) mindlink to get for my PvP clone?

Also, with the change to T2 insurance we may be seeing more HACS than BCs on the roam.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:29:30 AM by Jeremiah »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 07:43:15 AM »
Moving this back one week.  Will need to update client, play with PI and so on. As well as dinner on the friday with fam and "surprise" party with mates on the saturday (they are crap at keeping stuff from me).

Giving warning now as its polite to do so :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:41:16 PM »
Giving warning now as its polite to do so :D

i guess you have to be polite SOME of the time :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 04:27:55 PM »
As it turns out I'll probably not be able to join since I got a 2 month job which means no internet during the weeks for me as I have to live with my mother.
Or maybe I should say "no thanks I'd rather roam in a internetz zubs in zpaze gamez" :P

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »
Ah! You got the job then!? Gratz!!   :P