Author Topic: Threats to GW  (Read 2115 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Threats to GW
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:15:11 AM »
Hello
Sent: 2010.04.08 22:58
To: Bethor Invictus,

Hello, you are recieving this because you are a ceo of Either Republic Alliance, True Reign, or Warped-Agression, or one of their allies.

Great Wildlands is ours, if you wish to not be camped in station, you will either leave, firesaling your ships and modules, or join one of the following alliances.

Aggressive Dissonance
Shadows of Light
Sandbox Bullies
I M M O R T A L

If your corporation is under 15 members, contact me.

Anyone who does not join or leave will be popped, or camped to boredom in station, up to you.

Sum of their alliances: 536
Sum of ours (real, tr, warped and us): 769

So what do you think?
My thoughts are basically, without coordination in GW we will lose and lose badly.
I don't think they have any real connections to any bigger entities. They can probably field larger cap fleets than the gw coalition and are using this as a practice run to claim sov somewhere else.
"We" should given proper coordination be able to field larger fleets of sub-caps.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Threats to GW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:50:19 AM »

"We" should given proper coordination be able to field larger fleets of sub-caps.

therein lies the issue. when have our alliance ever shown proper co-ordination in anything (other than making our 'red' list as big as possible  ::) )
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »

therein lies the issue. when have our alliance ever shown proper co-ordination in anything (other than making our 'red' list as big as possible  ::) )

The red list is mostly due to us joining the "gw coalition" or whatever we should call it. But you are to a large extent right.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
you didnt set up that POS yet, did you?  ::)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
you didnt set up that POS yet, did you?  ::)

Nope, everything is in corp hangars here and there (seems I forgot the crystals in kas the rest is at a pos in bim ready to be picked up by the rorq)

Coincidentally I know that I M M... has a few poses around Derelik lowsec on fairly interesting moons, cad/chrom, which indicates they can defend these installations (compared to us who couldn't defend the chumly pos).

I'm not sure what to make of them really. They could be a lot of hot air or they could mean business.
In either case we can't really allow them to change the way we do things or plan things.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:18:25 AM by peo »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »

Nope, everything is in corp hangars here and there (seems I forgot the crystals in kas the rest is at a pos in bim ready to be picked up by the rorq)

Coincidentally I know that I M M... has a few poses around Derelik lowsec on fairly interesting moons, cad/chrom, which indicates they can defend these installations (compared to us who couldn't defend the chumly pos).

I'm not sure what to make of them really. They could be a lot of hot air or they could mean business.
In either case we can't really allow them to change the way we do things or plan things.

Couldn't agree more. SO the only consideration then is a financial one. Are we ( Corp) willing to lose a POS, a cap or two and a few ships. Because thats the worst case scenario should they be willing to back up their verbals..
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »

Couldn't agree more. SO the only consideration then is a financial one. Are we ( Corp) willing to lose a POS, a cap or two and a few ships. Because thats the worst case scenario should they be willing to back up their verbals..

If they can find the gw pos ;) LOTS of moons and systems to check and a large number of poses :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
and Mang misses yet another war :D
poor sucker  ;)

well at least you are in Asia mate, should take away the hurt a little  :-*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 04:20:05 AM »
I don't worry all that much..  Those alliances are not all that stellar it seems.

http://republicalliance.killmail.org/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=4267

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 11:26:33 AM »
poor sucker  ;)

well at least you are in Asia mate, should take away the hurt a little  :-*

Shame isnt it.  Hey I can at least follow all this, its actually interesting seeing this sort of 0.0 stuff start to happen to us/alliance.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »
poor sucker  ;)

well at least you are in Asia mate, should take away the hurt a little  :-*

Shame isnt it.  Hey I can at least follow all this, its actually interesting seeing this sort of 0.0 stuff start to happen to us/alliance.
true, although the tendency in alliance forum seems to be to think lightly of these fellas (truefully or not, I dunno). I hope they are proven wrong, because atm this tendency smashes every bit of (extra?) initiative in the alliance this situation might/could stir in advance.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:44:59 PM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
Tip: always start investigations using the killboard services, not alliances own boards etc:

AD: http://eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=2809

SoL: http://eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=2004

SB: http://eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=3597

Also, dont look at the losses as a idea of shit or whatever, look at every single pilot and see what they win loss etc.  Remember even the aggregation boards can be out on somethings, so kb's are just an idea.  Use DOTLAN to check the indivudal corps histories and then look into what caused old alliances to fall, or what can be identified as why they left an area previously.

Use EVE Search to find their posts and so on and check them out that way too.

Hopefully people on ally board are way ahead of me on actual intel before dismissing these people - and are actually talking with our "allies" in GW about this?  Or am I way ahead of them myself ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."