Author Topic: Harbringer PVP fit  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Harbringer PVP fit
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »
800mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Reactor Control Unit I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Medium Capacitor Booster I
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Disruptor I

Heavy Pulse Laser II (Scorch) x 7
Small Energy Neutralizer I

Hammerhead I x 5

The one I run at the moment.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Harbringer PVP fit
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »
[Harbinger, pvpharby]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
800mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Power Diagnostic System II

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
J5 Prototype Warp Disruptor I
X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Scorch M
[empty high slot]

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Similar fit (not sure about skills and such) but rigs are very affordable now really. If you can't use the EANM2 replace with ANP2 (don't use the eanm since it is worse than the anp2).
Used the PDS2 since it gives enough reactor and boosts cap+tank (having a bit of shield isn't a bad idea).

Of course I'm not a lazors user but your fit looks quite nice. Mainly switch the eanm1 for a anp2 at least.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Harbringer PVP fit
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Found this on scrapheap, quite nice and informative about Harbinger combat.

Quote from:  some guy on scrapheap (goumnindong or whatever)
Here is a better version of Balthurs 2 HS fit imho, its Deren Thaldrels* fit with 2 heat sinks instead of three. 2 Med reps just isnt enough without a full tank behind it. This is why the Myrm is so powerful[doesnt need damage mods], instead, go for hit point buffer. This will keep you alive in more situations longer. Deren Thaldrel stole my fit that i had been flying most of the time. I like it as a good compromise between tank and gank. Able to hold up to a good amount of DPS for a time, and still dish it out.

1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10mn MicroWarpdrive II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
Faint Warp Prohibitor I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

Focused Medium Pulse Laser II
[empty high slot]

Trimark Armor Pump I
Trimark Armor Pump I
Trimark Armor Pump I

Same DPS, but 28,522 more hit points and all of it is tankable[meaning you can run the rep during that time]. Only problem is speed, the ship is slow enough with the big ass plate on it, let alone the armor rigs. With imperfect skills this is going to murder you.

But even without the rigs it still has 12,000 more hit points and is faster than the rigged dual rep version even at maxed skills.

The neut you have fitted wont matter, anything with low hps that is in range of the neuts will get webbed and slaughtered by the guns which do 470 dps or so. Anything bigger its not going to make a dent in before you gank it, or it ganks you.

Amarr is about tank and gank, dont worry about any fancy stuff, just hit keep at range and lay it on.

Speeking of "keep at range". Tactics are as follows.

Step 1: load scorch ammo.

Small ships, "keep at range x" where x is your optimal range of MF, web them, gank them, change ammo if its a t2 minmitar ship.[scorch is 90% EM, good luck killing a Wolf which can tank 237 EM dps with a single SAR on armor and has 14,000 effective hit points. You might still get it.

Ships your size or larger:

Autocannon ships: Is it shooting you?

Yes: Lay into them with scorch. MF does a lot more damage, but brings them closer to their optimal, and you do not want to let them get to their optimal. Autocannon ships shouldnt be fighting in falloff against amarr ships, show them why. If its a t2 minnie and you cant catch it, pray.

If you are the only points/webs, once the battle is going your way, close to web, if you cant web, just keep closing to prevent them from escaping.

Battleships: Get as far away as your guns will allow. A pest will have 30km falloff or so with Barrage so you cant get most of it down, but it will also be faster than you. You are pretty much screwed unless your gang is good or you can warp/get away.

As an aside, I hope its a maelstrom without any falloff rigs.

No: Close to MF range and gank it. Hope it doesnt switch targets. Scorch sucks against even t1 Matari armor as they get the free 25% resistance to armor that is already strong.

Blaster Boats: Is it shooting you?

Yes: Approach while burning the MWD. DO NOT WEB. Right before you bump the target and immediatly web and hit "keep at range x" where x is your optimal range. So for the above fit, about 6.5km for most folks.

This will send you and him the opposite direction pushing you OUT of his blaster optimal and pushing him into your pulse optimal. But now you are going the right direction, and he is NOT going the right direction, so he has to turn around to catch you. This burns valuable time that he needs to get close and increases your dps buffer. Keep the MWD running and keep at range as you gank him. This is why having only one rep is handy as well, cause you can run it, the guns, and the mwd for as long as you have charges. Laugh at his pitiful attempts to hit you or close the distance.[It will take him 42 seconds to close 3km if he has a base speed of 700m/s]

Battleships: Same as Autocannon Battleships unless its electron blasters. Ions and Neutrons will still be over half falloff at 24km, so while your best option is your optimal range, you are still fucked. Electron blasters try and hold 22km. His half falloff will be about 16km so just over the edge of yours and you can really punish those small guns.

If its a Rokh you are just plain fucked.

No: Same as above unless it will move him out of range of friendly fire, then just keep at range and gank him.

Laser Ships: Is it firing at you?

Doesnt fucking matter: If its a bigger ship you are screwed, if its a smaller ship you are going to gank the shit out of it, if its the same size its whomever has better skills and fits.

General Pulse Laser Tips

1. Always go into a battle with scorch loaded unless you have reason to believe they will start out closer. Even a few seconds of DPS is enough to make this worthwhile, especially with how fast lasers change crystals.

This is true for two reasons. The first is that scorch has tons of EM damage and that roasts shields. The second is that you wont ever lose a full volley when changing ammo unless you are really nervous. As well, if you are nervous, its better to forget to change ammo with one that reaches than with one that doesnt.

2. Carry Conflag around anyway. It still tracks bigger ships just fine, and it does a good amount more DPS against armor tanks because of the more favorable EM/Therm split than on MF. You should be using it against battlecruisers if you can change ammo despite the tracking penalty.

*Deren Thaldrel stole my fit.