Author Topic: Don't panic! (We're going to war :)  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Don't panic! (We're going to war :)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
Posted by Sin (alliance CEO) on the directors forum:

Concerning this war: I got another note from their CEO and it confirms whatever I said earlier.
It was a ransom note and he wanted us to pay: Onyx + 100M + 50M for every week this war lasts... I told him in a very political way that he can kiss his ass (an when I say political I didn't mean it sarcastic... it really was political).

We are not going to pay a ransom and certainly not something like that. I told him to be an honourable man and keep his word to end this war, but I think he already showed us that he isn't. So there are only 2 options for us left... we go silent and sit and do nothing (bore them to death) or go kill em as one front. Since the last one serves our purpose more (create unity and learn how to PVP) I vote for the latter. So let's kill them.

For all of you: please go and instruct your people... and also for me, since the most useless deaths seem to come from my corp. However I ask everybody to instruct your people how we fight a war and that we only do it on our terms. Let nobody engage an enemy unless they are a 100% sure (eyes all around) that we can win that fight!

Good luck all and lets kick some butt!

tldr; War will last a bit longer, so basically it's all hands on deck PvP wise. I hope you will all join in :)
I myself will be away to France this weekend, but will join ranks again from Monday onwards.

Happy hunting!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »
Lets pad our killboard with the prawn-pawns.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »
heheh, enjoy those curries matey. and frankly I wouldnt worry too much, you are on holliday remember? enjoy!

on the other hand though...
is your alliance forum access fixed yet, cause:
Quote from: Racnim Sinedia
On another note: a High Command is created and currently only accessible by me and CEO's. A CEO can decide to take a step back and appoint a (temporary) representative, but by default CEO's are in.

lol no it isnt.

Ask Sin to set you (if you want) and Hrod up as my temp reps due to login issues and being in asia?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
Quote from: mail from Eternum Praetorian
Re: Re: Regarding Wardec
Sent: 2010.03.13 00:32
To: Racnim Sinedia,

After 7 days strait of some of the most hard core station spinning I have ever seen, out of no where your pilots put together a rather successful bait and gank, 1 hour before the war ended. They scored a 200M ISK kill flown by this corporations director.

Believe what you want it is of no consequence to me. The price of the Onyx is minimum payment, I will wave the extra 100M ISK at this time. However if this goes on too long the ransom as stated in that EVE mail will stand as it is.

…I don’t run scams and I don’t “need” your ISK. This however is a PVP training corp -- if anything this wardec is teaching them how to become tried and true mercenaries. This is how the game is played, and this is life in EVE. So keeping this wardec active serves my purpose, does it server yours?

P.S.

Maybe this is a misunderstanding, but bottom line they simply hit the wrong target at the wrong time. Captain Mastiff is an alt of one of the higher level members of the Cry Havoc alliance. If you haven’t heard of them look them up. My main I am not about to name… so do what you want, it is all the same by me.

As of right now we will be renewing again.

I'm shaking... I'm so shaking haha
Sure cry havoc will come to their aid :) Just shows how pathetic they are in my opinion.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 04:08:42 AM »
ooo namechecking one of the best roamer/hotdropper groups in game.

a year a go i bet he'd have said Pl instead :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 06:29:51 AM »
ooo namechecking one of the best roamer/hotdropper groups in game.

a year a go i bet he'd have said Pl instead :)

If that guy has his main high up in cry-havoc, so be it.
Losing a Onyx to a bunch of carebears in a highsec war won't exactly be something he will brag or whine about.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »
He was pretty ok with it in local right after the kill it seemed. That was why this CEO whining came as such a surprise too...

(hi, I'm back btw)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
He was pretty ok with it in local right after the kill it seemed. That was why this CEO whining came as such a surprise too...

(hi, I'm back btw)

Yup.
Losing ships to a fight isn't unheard of, especially if someone is in a "pvp alliance" with his main.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 06:52:56 AM »
PWNED Factor Retracts War Against Beyond-Control
Sent: 2010.03.16 03:21

The war between PWNED Factor and Beyond-Control is coming to an end. PWNED Factor has retracted the war against Beyond-Control. The war will be declared as being over after approximately 24 hours.

So much for keeping the war running for a year :)
Almost sad in a way, had hoped to try to counter they cheesy neutral repping thing with a proper RRBS fleet and support.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »
so in ISK terms i assume you guys were ahead after that Onyx kill?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 10:38:30 AM »
so in ISK terms i assume you guys were ahead after that Onyx kill?

Difficult to tell, the BC killboard doesn't work properly with values.
But probably not, about equal in battlecruiser value (4:4).
However they have killed 4 battleships and one cov-ops to our onyx, also a few minor ships.
So we are probably behind by 100m or so.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »
Some of the costlier losses - not by maadi members I proudly add - where stupid losses (pve fits with the victims seemingly going about their day to day...) that could have been easily avoided.

Maadi itself is ahead on costs for the war though, with our losses not being that much compared to the kills our members where involved in.

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/maadimredux/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=9038
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:17:35 AM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
wow, did you see the damage of that jaguar on dehn's harbi? nearly as much as the BCs!

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
btw, anyone got any suggestion of what I should have not done there when I lost my harby?

I was tackled so couldn't warp, and my dps was not enough to hurt the drake i fired upon :(

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
btw, anyone got any suggestion of what I should have not done there when I lost my harby?

I was tackled so couldn't warp, and my dps was not enough to hurt the drake i fired upon :(

Was my fault really :/
Anyway, first rule of pvp "never fire on the drake". You can easily get a 70k ehp tank on that thing without sacrificing much dps. Canes are better targets as they have much weaker tanks.