Author Topic: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium  (Read 40713 times)

Offline bebur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
sounds reasonable. especially because they only demand 150m. a well. most of us enjoyd it and learned some about wars. what helps a lot in future. :) we are just a bunch of carebears that bite back. haha

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »
you're expertise is asked in this thread beb..

explore setup

cant check my fitting at work

will look for the guide i used for exploring :D to help out.

back to topick

And well in the end i'm just glad the war is over. Nothing good comes from it anyway
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »
If/when we would have had real production/mining a war like this would have hurt a lot. you can ask sin what a prodction/mining crop (so that is excluding individual gains of players) makes a day.

A mining op which takes a couple of hours and where all members would join like we had every Sunday after DT in the Legacy Syndicate???

Several hundred million... but that is easily calculated: every can is about 3,5 million and a Hulk can do a can per 15/20 minutes or so... Legacy Syndicate had 10 Hulks in the air with a good mining op and we mined for about 3 to 4 hours... so that would be about 300 to 400 million on a good mining op.

We never cashed it off course, since we liked to have the minerals for T2 production (which would make a billion a weak easily with only 5 members doing the actual work).

But that's the corp alone... all those miners mined during the weak ass well for their personal profits... so a war like this would be really painful for a reasonably working mining / production corp... To be honest... I'd pay the 150 million in a sec... (I actually did several times... I'd rather make some good cash than sit docked in a station). War is only useful if you can actually fight as a corp.

And that is exactly the reason why there are corps like the one that dec'd us. They know a war like this would hurt operations enormously for an industrial corp.
And that is probably the reason why they didn't proceed the war against us... it didn't really hurt the corp that much... some individual players lost a bit of cash on this (I lost about a 100 million or so by not being able to mine), but that's peanuts really... They knew we where not going to pay... and that made this war futile...

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »
After the war is officially over, it is time to capitalise on the propaganda, so that at least corporations considering a war-dec against us would reconsider :)  CAOD is the asylum of EVE, perhaps there is some other forum where possible high-sec war-deccers read forums? No bragging, but make it clear we did like the opportunity to fight. Perhaps something along the lines of:

"On 15th of February 2009 Merchants Trade Consortium declared war on Ma'adim Logistics. The intention of MTC was to extort money from MAADI, ie the usual business in high-sec wars.

Initial clashes on February 16th saw MTC lose ships worth an estimated 200 million ISK, while MAADI lost ships worth an estimated 14 million ISK. After this the war cooled down to a trench-war, and eventually MTC retracted the war declaration. Hostilities between MTC and MAADI ended in the evening of February 19th.

Ma'adim Logistics wants to thank MTC for the opportunity to once again hone our skills in high-sec war. Our newer members are unaminously happy to have recieved valuable lessons in high sec war, while the gritted veterans in our corporation had a chance to try out new tactics in a laid-back manner."

Let's not - while I am tempted - let's not attract any attention where it's not wanted.
We should get back up to strength - spend some quality time making back any losses and get ready for the new challenges coming.

If/when we would have had real production/mining a war like this would have hurt a lot. you can ask sin what a prodction/mining crop (so that is excluding individual gains of players) makes a day.
Plans are afoot to make this not an issue - will dish the dirt when things are lined up.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
After the war is officially over, it is time to capitalise on the propaganda, so that at least corporations considering a war-dec against us would reconsider :)  CAOD is the asylum of EVE, perhaps there is some other forum where possible high-sec war-deccers read forums? No bragging, but make it clear we did like the opportunity to fight. Perhaps something along the lines of:

"On 15th of February 2009 Merchants Trade Consortium declared war on Ma'adim Logistics. The intention of MTC was to extort money from MAADI, ie the usual business in high-sec wars.

Initial clashes on February 16th saw MTC lose ships worth an estimated 200 million ISK, while MAADI lost ships worth an estimated 14 million ISK. After this the war cooled down to a trench-war, and eventually MTC retracted the war declaration. Hostilities between MTC and MAADI ended in the evening of February 19th.

Ma'adim Logistics wants to thank MTC for the opportunity to once again hone our skills in high-sec war. Our newer members are unaminously happy to have recieved valuable lessons in high sec war, while the gritted veterans in our corporation had a chance to try out new tactics in a laid-back manner."

Let's not - while I am tempted - let's not attract any attention where it's not wanted.
We should get back up to strength - spend some quality time making back any losses and get ready for the new challenges coming.

Plans are afoot to make this not an issue - will dish the dirt when things are lined up.

I agree with rub.

There are to many numpties out there who would just see this as a challenge and we are just as likely to end up hip deep in war decs as we are to be left alone..

Having said all that i am a little peeved. The gits kept it going all week whilst im at work then withdraw it the day before i actually get som etim eoff where i can now play a bit  :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:24:54 PM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »
Shall we try to fight them tonight?

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »

I heared/read somewhere on the forum that you were impling to form an alliance with the production corp? hope this isnt the solution. :)
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »
End of the war sounds nice. :)
But i would just leave it and not make any big deal about it on coad or by having a last fleet roam before the dec ends. Just take it as the learning experience it was and move on. Dont break the no smacking back rule now when it is about to end unless the corp want to make them rethink and dec us again because they get pissed off..

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »

I heared/read somewhere on the forum that you were impling to form an alliance with the production corp? hope this isnt the solution. :)

Umm - no.

We have 2 corps:
  1 for R&D, Standings, etc (KASSI)
  1 for combat, mining and manufacturing (MAADI)

While I'm putting words into the bosses mouth:
KASSI should always be separate and unaffiliated with MAADI - it's our empire operation.
MAADI will be everything else - and at some point in the near future based out of 0.0.

In 0.0 we have ratting, mining and manufacturing - even missions with the right kind of 0.0 Outposts (NPC outposts).
The income is far far better in 0.0 than it is in empire.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »
In preparation for this evenings fun and games - can ensure they have frigs/cruisers setup to tackle.
Speed, Web & Scram will be very important - fast locking essential.

We need at least 1 tackler per target.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2009, 06:20:33 PM »
Well then we have one target so far :)

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Ok coming on in a bit, I will set up to tackle.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »
War's pretty much over.  heres the forum version of the KB summary:

MTCU - Our First Dec
Class / Kills(kills isk) / losses (losses isk)
Assault frigate / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Battlecruiser / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Battleship / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Black Ops / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Cap. Industrial / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Capsule / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Carrier / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Command ship / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Covert ops / 1(15M) / 0(0M)
Cruiser / 0(0M) / 5(15M)
Destroyer / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Dreadnought / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Electronic Attack Ship / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Exhumer / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Freighter / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Frigate / 0(0M) / 13(2.6M)
Heavy assault / 0(0M) / 1(80M)
Heavy Interdictor / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Industrial / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Industrial Command Ship / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Interceptor / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Interdictor / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Jump Freighter / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Logistics / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Marauder / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Mining barge / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Mothership / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Noobship / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
POS Large / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
POS Medium / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
POS Modules / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
POS Small / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Recon ship / 1(100M) / 0(0M)
Shuttle / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Titan / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Transport / 0(0M) / 0(0M)
Total / 2 (115M) / 19 (97.6M)

So an unlucky HAC loss on our side made it less isk-costly for them, but overall with the early retraction I think we can say that its a possible slight victory for us - on isk alone it is :)

So what did you chaps learn, discuss as much here and keep this thread for discussion of MTCU.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »
We annoyed them so much, they decced that other corp and did this:

http://www.battleclinic.com/eve_online/pk/view.php?type=corp&name=Merchants+Trade+Consortium&id=5979793&page=1&filter=kills#mail

Cant see any mails for mods or anything around the tower, so I reckon its defunct. Anchored by what is possibly a corp gone quiet in reality.  However damage done suggests it had shields etc..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:34:01 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
If they did that in 1 session then it probably didn't have any stront in it.