Author Topic: Praedor the Warrior Priest  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Praedor the Warrior Priest
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:25:46 PM »
Characters & Classes:

Praedor the Warrior Priest, Rank 17, Renown 14

Finland

Timezone:

+2 CET

Gaming Style:

Some weeks I play a lot, others I play very little if at all. Sometimes I have a very early shift, which means I have to get to bed very early the previous night, but might log on quite early next day.

About you:

I am the average teen supermodel girl of the internet, aka a bald, overweight middle-aged male who likes beer. I am a pharmacist, married, four children. I am quite fluent (at least I like to believe so) in Finnish, Swedish and English. My working hours fluctuate quite a bit from week to week and day to day, so at times a bit hard to plan further than my nose. I am a strategygame geek (I play only multiplayer games, such as Europa Universalis, Dominions 3 and Empires in (H)Arm (as PbEM)) and a P&P roleplayer. I play base (and guitar when it gets dull to hammer the base alone), and in my youth I actually was at one point hellbent to become a professional rock-musician (sadly it seems you actually need some musical skill to become that :( ). I used to play football in the lower divisions (Position: left defender, my nickname was "The Scythe" (roughly translated) amongst my teammates, as I didn't mind that much what I was kicking at as long as the opposing player with the ball didn't continue towards our goal). I like to watch football on TV and sip some beer. If there is no football, like to read books and sip beer, or play games (either computer or tabletop) and sip beer. Did I mention I like beer?

I was in WAR closed beta since last February, so I've been around in the game (I mainly played Witch Hunter (Tracer), Ironbreaker (Grungnir) and Discipline of Khaine (Quelthor) during beta). I've played WoW since about launch (bought the game 1st of March 2005), altough the past year or so has been quite "casual" (ie sometimes there are weeks when I don't log on at all) and I have now been cold-turkey from WoW for a bit over a month. I also played LOTRO and AO a bit, and I was a beta-tester for AoC (and played a couple weeks of the "free" month, ie enough to see the good stuff (Tortage and the couple levels after that) on all archetypes).

I am known as a zealot troll crybaby on some gaming forums. I have  opinions on basically everything, and usually I am dead-wrong :p  I am possibly the nicest man you've ever met when I am in a good mood, but when I get annoyed at something I make it sure everybody will be aware of the situation. I bear grudges like a dwarf, but I like to believe I also never forget it when somebody has done a favour to me.

Questions for us?

I am but one of (hopefully) a few. Me and a few online friends (from a multinational gamer group, originally from a strategy game forum who went and formed a WoW guild, which got more similarily thinking mature players, then split around as interests broadened etc, but still kept together on the forums) are looking for a guild of mature players. We didn't sadly succeed to pull more people to WAR, so forming our own mini-guild seems rather pointless; WAR is after all very much about guilds doing things together. Thus my question is:
Would it be possible to wait a bit with your answer to me, so that I'd see if my friends are applying too, and then give us the answer as a group? I'd like to join a guild together with my mates, or not join at all :)

I have actually a second question too:
Do you have "social" members, ie members that don't necessarily contribute that much to the guild (for example, they don't play very often or are not so very "hardcore" in the game-mechanics), but are significant real life people to some guild-member?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Praedor the Warrior Priest
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:53:29 PM »
First - great app and thanks for taking some time to put it together for us!

Second, I am happy to wait as you ask for all your group to apply and give you all an answer, although if they are all of the seemingly high quality you and your app represent, then acceptance will be a mere formality.

Third, I have always tried, believe HoJ succeeds in letting people with different playing styles/commitments play together when they can and enjoy the game as they do it - we dont try to segregate people for any sort of reason - casual or "hardcore" especially.  (Hope this answers your query?)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:50:37 PM »
Nice to see many of my friends already applying here, hopefully the slow/shy ones will apply soon too ;)  I believe we would find a nice home here in HoJ :)  Oh, in case I too am accepted, I guess I now should officially ask for an answer to my application, I guess you people have a general idea of us now :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:15 PM »
Opps missed the acceptance from my first post - although it was implied in tone, if not in letter.

So please, hit us up for an invite when you are ready :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."