Author Topic: Miner Corp?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Miner Corp?
« on: February 18, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
So raised elsewhere, but how about a corp thats purely for the miner/mining alts? Noone would have roles in the corp bar the CEO alt, which would enable them to come and go as needed depending on whatever cicrumstances.  It may also be based in quieter space?

Im thinking about creating one with an "out of the box" alt. Will play with options to see what I get, but it may be another Minnie char like Angaraka who got Corp Management V right away :) Then add in ethnic relations etc and create the corp. Once this is done, I could also pay someone like Hardin (200mill or so + the 1billion isk CONCORD alliance creation fee)to create an alliance and stick both the miner corp in and KASEI (since KASEI is never leaving hisec its being in alliance isnt an issue per se)

If I did do this, I'd probably move ammik my ice miner (and soon to be second freighter pilot) into it too. If anyone had roles that one would - to enable grabbing ore/minerals for transfer up to MAADI stations.

Lots more logisitics I know :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:48:42 PM by The Walkin' Dude »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Miner Corp?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Is there some obvious advantage of having a miner corp vs just being in a NPC corp and mine? We use EVE NEWBS channel for communication anyway, so what would a miner corp make available that would justify the investment?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »
Especially the alliance investment.

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:15 PM »
Since I've got an alround character I can't really see the use of it...
Besides... why do we want one corp split up in a dozen anyway???

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
It's a way of managing risk but it can be very painful logistically.

Not a big fan of the idea.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
It's a way of managing risk but it can be very painful logistically.

Not a big fan of the idea.

Dont worry - a few hours of it sitting in the back of mind have put me off too ;)  Like I dont have enough logistics to think about!  Still planning a single corp alliance for KASEI - I know a 50mill per week 'dec fee wouldnt stop most people, but its an incentive. Also gives me a way to play with the alliance interface and that side of things, should my ego ever take me into the hierarchy of one.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 03:04:59 PM »
Why not move everything into one corp? Serves all needs best imo and solves a few logistics issues
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »
Why not move everything into one corp? Serves all needs best imo and solves a few logistics issues

It was purely an idea. One that would cause me bigger headaches than I already have :) 

As for KASEI and MAADI merging - that couldnt work regards the tower because of the high standings needed to anchor the thing in hisec (which we had a year ago, until i invited a gallente alt of mine in....) and theres no way to switch anchored assets between corps either. its not like KASEI is ever leaving hisec or anything anyways. It is seperate from any and all 0.0 / w-space plans. Its purely the home of our research, an entity that is built around empire life and security (in so far as empire is secure)

KASEI is also going to start offering Hisec JC services (again if maadi/kasei where to become one, then we couldnt do this) to others in addition to members of MAADI, which is why I'll be paying for it to have an alliance (KASEI will have cost me approaching 1.75 billion isk by the time I am done getting it where I want it to be utility wise - few more offices and such) created, wardec of an alliance is a costlier affair even before you lose ships ;)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:31:55 PM »
Well if the station is anchored it is anchored. so a possible (say very work intensive) scenario could be.
- Kick out everyone of MAADI who doesn't have the required standing.
- Disassemble the station (dint know if this is possible else an option, and a simpler one at that, would be moving to KASEI corp)
- Move individual parts of the station to MAADI corp
- Assamble and anchor the station again
- Reinvite everyone to MAADI again

i do know for a fact that the standing is only needed at the time of anchoring itself, after that it doesn't matter ( in high sec at least) if the standing drops, the station stays where it is. At least that is how we did it at LESY

Wardeccing an alliance is costlier. Than again, when it is done you wont be getting out by paying 150 mil. you might want to put down a 0 behind that. Also the predators who would be declaring might be a bit more organised than our last war.

Lastly, maintaining an alliance also costs isk. Thus that would be a net loss without actual gain. I wonder if that would be a good decision.

former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
Also, for recruiting purposes you still want connections to high sec. Also for buying and selling stuff high sec connections and freighter jumps are a necessity. So the fact that a part of a corp wouldnt be leaving high sec shouldnt be a point in the question wether or not to merge the 2 corps.

(also sorry for having a comment on pretty much everything posted. It is just that from LESY Sin and I have a bit of experiance and it would be a shame to make the same mistakes we have made in that corp here in this corp)
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
hmm, need 3 posts to awnser your one post.

as final note about JC's. Best solution would be to just fly for 1 corp with the whole alliance, and get it above 8 asap. Another solution is every member does it for themselfs. It doesnt take that long if you ask me :D
former roommate.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »
There's an additional problem with multiple corps in an alliance - it's obvious to anybody the allegence.
Currently with KASSI nobody knows that it has a relationship with MAADI.  Which means we can still resupply and move about without problems.

At some point MAADI will be part of a larger alliance - KASSI will then become more of the logistics side for MAADI.
One of the criteria for selecting the alliance we will be part of - is the space they hold - which brings with it the ability to JC.
Another advantage of having KASSI stand alone - is that when it comes to 0.0 - our empire cyno alts will be in this corp - allowing us to make cynos with less issues than those who are red to the alliance.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865