Author Topic: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium  (Read 45134 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »
i'm so tempted to shout: 'dec em back, dec em back!'

but guess that won't do us any good...
will be cool though  :p
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2009, 11:26:44 PM »
if we see any of those guys in our lo-sec roams we kill em heck ill pay 5M to whomsoever gets the killing blow ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:09 PM »
Anyways, I'll lead a gang, big or small - suicidal or homicidal - tomorrow evening from 7ish going forward.
So guess this will be a station camp in Inari, smacking in local and such?   :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
Could do - give it a couple of weeks - let the less well off guys in corp make some money, let people get JC's etc (still lots of people to get them I know).  Although lets scout them out a bit more (with alts so its not too obvious) and also, if they dec anyone else in the meantime ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »
war is retracted. hostilities will cease in 24 hours
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »
I got an eve-mail from CONCORD as well!

2009.02.18 23:18
The war between Merchants Trade Consortium and Ma'adim Logistics is coming to an end. Merchants Trade Consortium has retracted the war against Ma'adim Logistics. The war will be declared as being over after approximately 24 hours.

;D

Guess we bored them into giving up?  :P

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2009, 04:28:15 AM »
We won?!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »
Haha, they realized they wouldn't make a profit no matter what. Have a feeling they probably faced some annoyance in their own ranks due to only loosing valuable ships while not getting any tears in local.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »
i think us making some visits to inari yesterday and they not being able to stop us coming through their 'blockades' didnt make matters better for em   ;)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2009, 06:47:40 AM »
After the war is officially over, it is time to capitalise on the propaganda, so that at least corporations considering a war-dec against us would reconsider :)  CAOD is the asylum of EVE, perhaps there is some other forum where possible high-sec war-deccers read forums? No bragging, but make it clear we did like the opportunity to fight. Perhaps something along the lines of:

"On 15th of February 2009 Merchants Trade Consortium declared war on Ma'adim Logistics. The intention of MTC was to extort money from MAADI, ie the usual business in high-sec wars.

Initial clashes on February 16th saw MTC lose ships worth an estimated 200 million ISK, while MAADI lost ships worth an estimated 14 million ISK. After this the war cooled down to a trench-war, and eventually MTC retracted the war declaration. Hostilities between MTC and MAADI ended in the evening of February 19th.

Ma'adim Logistics wants to thank MTC for the opportunity to once again hone our skills in high-sec war. Our newer members are unaminously happy to have recieved valuable lessons in high sec war, while the gritted veterans in our corporation had a chance to try out new tactics in a laid-back manner."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2009, 07:08:20 AM »
There is a risk to that, some other more determined (better?) corp than mtc could dec us if we make to big a point of it.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2009, 07:26:49 AM »
There is a risk to that, some other more determined (better?) corp than mtc could dec us if we make to big a point of it.
Exactly why I think it shouldn't be a big fuss. Just that we had fun fighting and didn't fall for the extortion attempt.

Offline bebur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2009, 08:57:15 AM »
maybe we indeed did scare them. when i was in inari i had a shot at an interceptor of them. to bad i slacked off a bit due to watching star wars. haha. wel 10 mins later all were in inari watching me. prolly they now just don't know what we are up to and are afraid we hired mercs. since i am in corp just before war-dec. and some more new players if i am not mistaken. just a possibility.
well lot uf us were outside docks scouting and trieing to get them. or just doing their stuff, so they saw we are not afraid anyway.

anyway. wankers. haha

and what now? let them just end it? or are we gonna try to get them tonight? else i would say go mine in inari, let them flip some cans or so and shoot them with stealthers. and idd ofc try to get them in low sec.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:07:19 AM by bebur »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
War is still running till 23.20ish. So having a pop at them tonight it still something to do.

After that - I'd like to focus on getting newer members JC'd, getting money coming in for them, as well as getting our industry back up to speed until the next war with whomever throws one.  ALso I'll be finding offices in other places and having stashes setup.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:11:47 AM by The Walkin' Dude »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »
Personallhy i think they ended the war becouse the expected a group of newbish miners.

Since we have no real big mining ops in the corp they couldnt hurt us by hampering mining ops.
Also the fight we put up 1st day helped a lot.

If/when we would have had real production/mining a war like this would have hurt a lot. you can ask sin what a prodction/mining crop (so that is excluding individual gains of players) makes a day.
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.