Author Topic: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium  (Read 44603 times)

Offline bebur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »
Well i will  be online again. won't miss the fun. hehe.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 10:16:19 AM »
Regarding E-war. Seeing that there were so few (read:  Zero ;) ) Merlins in corp hangar, I decided yesterday to use a Condor instead. The main difference to a Merlin is that there are fewer slots, ie 1 low, 2 med and 3 high; I used Overdrive injection, AB, warp scrambler and two energy vampires. The good thing compared to a Merlin is of course the fact that the Condor is a *fast* ship (fastest T1 Caldari ship as far as I know), so it was easy to get into action with it.

I wonder if it would be better to fit some other E-War module instead of the warp scrambler? Or should I stick with the scrambler?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 10:23:50 AM »
It really depends on who's on and what we're up against.  You need 2-3 tacklers per 1.5 hostile(s) (aye - that fraction is supposed to be there).
There was some good tackling yesterday - just remember to keep a nice tight orbit around the target (by tight I mean you should be able to wave to the pilot) and you'll receive less dmg from them.

There's not much chance of them fitting a SmartBomb due to concord kicking their ass - likewise they won't use the missile based bombs.

In terms of other types of EW - tracking disruptors are good - then either TP's or Damps.  Alas as we're in empire burst ECM isn't an option (concord doesn't like them also).

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »
aye as rubino says in high sec they WILL NOT fit smarts as it usually results in collateral which CONCORD frowns upon with BOOM so tacklers orbit at 500 and laugh as there guns cant track you ;)

Ill be in my new shiny Stealth Bomber later (packs a bigger punch than the kessie i was in last night)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:08 AM »
Gonna try to buy a few executioners to keep in stock as well..

just with a single gun, a scramnler and an afterburner..  and aim for quick movement.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »
Aye, as beo said, we are in great debt to the scouts we had yesterday. Without them we would have been blind to enemies movement. Great job there!
I've stuck enough feathers in beo's ass yesterday in game for his FC-ing, so doubt any more will fit.  ;)

I have a new theory about why they decced us btw. When lying in bed, it dawned to me that they were bothering mac when he was mining in Inari, which seems to be their home system. So, I thought, maybe they just want Inari for themselves and discourage everyone to go there. I remembered vaguely some POSs they killed were in Inari too. I just looked that up and: yup, they were in Inari; most, if not all of em.
So I dont expect them to wardec us for money, they just want to scare us out of Inari (THEORY ALERT!).
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »
If so, we'll just move to Inari to roam there with our fleets :)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

My main is itching to get some kills  8)

i can shoot you a few times if you want.. or did you want to kill someone instead of be killed..? :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
i can shoot you a few times if you want.. or did you want to kill someone instead of be killed..? :D

Why am I not surprised to get such a remark from you  :P ;D

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »
- just remember to keep a nice tight orbit around the target (by tight I mean you should be able to wave to the pilot) and you'll receive less dmg from them.
Interesting. My thought after yesterday was that it would be better to put 2 TD, or a TD and a Warp disruptor, on a crucifier and stay far away where the orbital speed is higher and no stasis web can reach you. I was killed yesterday in a punisher, equipped with a stasis and lasers, because I was webbed.
I was also a bit slow to react when our fleet started heading for bed ;)
Anyway, I would appreciate if someone could give me some pro and cons for very close and very far away.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
Frigate far away looking in to the wrong end of a 250mm gun  = an absolutely dead frigate

Frigate close orbiting fast = a frigate that might survive

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »
If their statis web can't hit you - then yours won't be able to hit them :)

You web to slow them down allowing the tracking on guns to be more effective - which I think then translates into a factors: sig of your ship, signature resolution of thier guns and the distance between you both.  Guns also have a blind spot - usually inside at around their (optimal - falloff).

The other aspect to keep in mind is who is shooting at you - which in gang vs gang isn't always clear.  It may well be that the ship you are tackling isn't the one attacking one - but somebody else in their gang (or one of your own if the overview isn't setup right).

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »
So, what are the plans for tonight? People just come to game and see what is going on, or do we have something a bit more organised planned?

Also, who all will be around tonight?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
ill be there in my spanking new Manticore, ive been shadowing them around anttiri for a lot of today they are camping 14 with at least 2 stealthed ships at all times, it seems more are appearing in local but we shall see what its like when we come on and in our usual planned way probably wing it the best we can ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
Wouldn't undock without a plan to be honest :)
Thats a bit to suicidal for me even :D