Author Topic: W-Space  (Read 8076 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
W-Space
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »
So what are we thinking of here? Is this something we'd like to take advantage of?
Do we want to setup something in a system we find?

Filling in from the discussion in this thread (just a start by no means complete):

POS

ItemVolume (1000 m3)Cost (M ISK)
Large Tower8360
Corp Hanger Array49
Ship Maintainence Array818
Equipment Assembly Array6.2554
Ammunition Assembly Array1.2554
Intensive Refining Array663
Med Arty12.25
Medium Ship Assembly Array1793
Small Ship Assembly Array1090
Warp Scram Array42.25
Reactor
Solo x3
Total65.5700
- do we want to worry about hardeners initially?  I doubt it but just asking.
- large tower rather than a med due to the req of the refining array.

POS Fuel
4 weeks needed - 2 weeks to be carried on the inital voyage - maybe more space allowing.
Assuming the Tower, Ship Maint, Corp Hanger, Guns & Scram are online then the weekly fuel needed is:

Isotopes75,600
Heavy Water672
Liquid Ozone4200
Coolant1344
Mechanical Parts840
Enriched Uranium672
Robotics168

For a 7 day period the above would require 22.5k m3

Enough Stront for reinforced:

DaysQuantity NeededVolumePrice @ 400 ISK pu (M ISK)
1 day9600288003.84
2 days19200576007.68
3 days288008640011.52
4 days3840011520015.36

BPCs
Assigned to Constantine for planning & determining inv required.

Needs details but:
Ammo,
Gas Harvesters,
Gas harvesting skills,
Polymer Reactions,
mining crystals,
drones,
Cruiser & BC

Ships
Mining ships - Assigned to Akamine to determine what needs to be taken for his teams.
BC's
Logistics

Modules
T2 modules/ammo/Drones.  For expedience - buy a small/med container for your hanger and drop in the things you want to take.  Start sooner rather than later - a little now and then is better than a rush at the end.
Cyno Module (incase the rules change and they're allowed)

Carrying Capacity:
Orca: Cargo 72k, Corp Hanger 40k, Ship Maint Bay (assembled ships only) 400k
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:27:31 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: W-Space
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
We need to know if it it worth the investment to set up a pos.
Lets say we build that, we need to be certain that we can harvest a significant amount more than we invest in it.

edit: we also need to consider the bringing what we harvest back with us.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:29:12 PM by peo »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »
What I also think we should think about is: can we chew both going to 0.0 and doing wild stuff in W-space in a timespan of about one month (~ 3 weeks to go to 0.0-date we planned, and 6-ish weeks to go for M10).
This might be a discussion to do in another thread, but a decision that must be made IMO

Other than that: I am getting more and more enthusiastic about W-space  ;D, but aforementioned concerns me  :-\.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »
What I also think we should think about is: can we chew both going to 0.0 and doing wild stuff in W-space in a timespan of about one month (~ 3 weeks to go to 0.0-date we planned, and 6-ish weeks to go for M10).
This might be a discussion to do in another thread, but a decision that must be made IMO

Other than that: I am getting more and more enthusiastic about W-space  ;D, but aforementioned concerns me  :-\.

I don't think w-space is something you do all the time. Regardless from what I understand the w-space accessable from 0.0 is "better" than the one from empire and also the competition for the wh in 0.0 will most likely be lower.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:34:10 PM »
Aye.  Which will be hard until we have some hands on with SISI.
The setup cost won't be that much - 200m for the tower - probably 500m including the POS modules & fuel.
If Beo doesn't have the figures handy from the KASSI POS then it's not a problem to pull them together.

0.0 mining should cover those expenses without too much effort and you're likely to be in profit within a week.

We will be moving to the current 0.0 environment within Eve.  For a start 0.0 life is very different from Empire - and we need the experience as a team.  What we learn together about 0.0 before we play with W-Space will make a huge impact on how we effectively operate in the new space.

This will happen sooner rather than later.  There was a small discussion last night with Beo about moving to 0.0 and he's 100% behind the idea.
Warcold has started an excellent thread about W-Space here (http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=655.0) - this thread is more about planning some logistics around setting up infrastructure in W-Space and how we can maximise our initial footprint into W-Space.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:37:17 PM by Rubino »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
Ok :)

Bit confused about where to post what in all these threads haha :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »
This one is more about logistics of what we should pack.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
I don't think w-space is something you do all the time.

I will be doing as often as I can, going to really enjoy the new scanning methods, the encounters in W-Space and the chance at T3 :D. Im refocusing on Mangala towards top end exploration skills (regardless if their utility changes or not) as well as working on maxing her combat side to aid her to counter whatever she finds there - player or npc - well enough to make me some profit. Tech 3 is my grail in this regards, an opportunity to get in on a new tech and get horribly rich doesnt happen often at this stage of EVE's life, so it is to be sought out and imprisioned in my wallet when it does!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
I dropped roughly 450-475 (my transactions list is massive!) on the tower, labs and some fuel (in addition to what you provided Rub).  We'd be looking at a Tower, refinery, hangar, maint, and of course defenses. So I'd say 500-600 mill, maybe a touch less if we look for cheap gun/defense item bpc's for the tower and run off our own (smaller overall cost this way, but still a cost)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »
Lets say about 800m in materials and equipment not counting the ships to get the materials there for a two week expedition.

Lets say we want to stay for two weeks a pop (given sufficiently large wh) I belive we need to have the capacity to replace lost ships and equipment for them and also cloning facilities.
So at the very least a rorqual and a hulk filled with equipment.

Probably enough bpc to make bc/bs and the equipment for them, possibly include some cheeper frigates for tackling if we need to defend space (likely over a two week period).

Basically I think we need to be able to have enough lasting power in the place to be able to wait out a good wormhole to "safe" space (be that empire or blue 0.0).
If we find a system that is very good in all respects I would think it will have a wormhole exiting into "safe" space with enough frequency so that we if we are already there can resupply and move some materials out to profit.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »
From CCP Greyscale:

There'll always be a wormhole leading somewhere, somewhere in the system. It just might not be going somewhere you want it to go.

So this seems like while its possible to resupply a fixed tower in W-Space, its going to involve alot of randomness as to whether a 'hole opens close to a place our resupply happens to be waiting.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 05:55:49 PM »
From CCP Greyscale:

There'll always be a wormhole leading somewhere, somewhere in the system. It just might not be going somewhere you want it to go.

So this seems like while its possible to resupply a fixed tower in W-Space, its going to involve alot of randomness as to whether a 'hole opens close to a place our resupply happens to be waiting.

Yes.
I think we would have to be able to run the tower for at least 2 weeks with the material we bring there in the first place.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »
It won't be that bad - I'll knock up a IGB app that records the system ID - and will assign a name to it.
As you move between about just refresh the page and it will record the from <-> To system - which over time will give us possible routes and a map.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 06:08:05 PM »
It won't be that bad - I'll knock up a IGB app that records the system ID - and will assign a name to it.
As you move between about just refresh the page and it will record the from <-> To system - which over time will give us possible routes and a map.
* Mangala has rubs babies.

Let me choose the names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »
* Mangala has rubs babies.

Let me choose the names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name them after the members in the corps ;)