Author Topic: CCP to stop with Classic Client, and introduce a "Premium Lite"  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: CCP to stop with Classic Client, and introduce a "Premium Lite"
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »
Good to know :) For me it sadly is of no use, as the steam-powered lap-top doesn't support even Pixel Shader 2.0...

Very old laptop :)
Although the changes are kinda disturbing me too, since they plan to go to Pixel Shader 3.0 later this year... and then even my laptop can't run eve anymore (and my laptop is only 7 months old :( )

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 10:16:35 AM »
Aye - it's a tough balance between maintaining compatability to a large user base and bringing the graphics/effects into the 90's :P

If you've not taken a look yet - it's worth checking out the movies showing the new effects that Beo posted.
Performance on SISI has improved a ton (traditionally it's always been poor due to limited resources) but it looks like they've started on the client performance tweaking & optimisations.
I have a legacy of 900 BM's on one of my chars that I've never got around to sorting and cleaning out.  On TQ they load like a dog - but on SISI the load is virtually instant.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
Performance on SISI has improved a ton (traditionally it's always been poor due to limited resources) but it looks like they've started on the client performance tweaking & optimisations.
I have a legacy of 900 BM's on one of my chars that I've never got around to sorting and cleaning out.  On TQ they load like a dog - but on SISI the load is virtually instant.

That sounds nice :)

Not that my computer has any lag at all... (Quad Core with 2 HD4250's [Crossfire])
but it's still nice...