Author Topic: Black Ops Changes Part 1...  (Read 691 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Black Ops Changes Part 1...
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »
We promised an update to these and some love. If you have been following the forums, you should know or do now know that we are very open in our desire to revisit black ops. In particular we wanted to add a fuel bay at least and allow them to jump to cynojammed systems as the major additions.

The functionality which allows us to add special cargobays to ships (such as a fuel bay, ore hold, fighter bay and so on). That functionality is not ready yet so a black ops fuel bay sits very high on our wishlist still.

For now, we have been able to allow covert cynosural fields to be activated in cynojammed systems so a covert ops fleet could bridge/jump into a cynojammed system and perhaps one of the side benefits of certain changes to other certain ships will be that quite a deadly combination for taking out the jammers is possible for the innovative strategists amongst you. Perhaps the truest form of black ops and behind enemy lines operations is now possible to a greater degree

We would very much like testing of this new functionality and feedback on it on sisi. We are very much not done yet with Black Ops but one step closer to perfection and we hope most of you agree.

Joy, I can now train Covert Cyno's for they finally have a use that can be appreciated in sneaky circles. Add in the eventual fuel bays on Black Ops and maybe even further cloaked-usuable modules and then cloaked roaming gangs doing behind the lines hit and fades can finally become a reality.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:46:42 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."