Author Topic: Hawk, dodging the bullets  (Read 830 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Hawk, dodging the bullets
« on: February 13, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »
I learned something new today about EFT :) You can export and import the information in text form, yay! So, to experiment with things, I tried to come up a Hawk that can simply dodge the bullets while raining in rockets. Using only skills I have at use for this exercise (yes, it is a bit slow at work today...).

[Hawk: An experiment]
Ballistic Control System II
Overdrive Injector System I
Small Shield Extender II
1MN Afterburner I
Invulnerability Field I
Small Shield Extender II
E5 Prototype Energy Vampire
'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I,Thorn Rocket

With my skills it is cap-stable with all whistles and bells on as long as the energy vampire is draining. It has (again with my skills) thus a speed of 657 m/s. If orbiting something at 6 km (the range where everything is still within optimal range, including the energy vampire (which is crucial for cap stability)) the speed is 0.11 rad/second, which makes it possible to dodge everything but the bullets from the smallest guns (of course getting closer makes the rad/sec go up, but it is AFAIU safe only against ships who can't have the large smart-bombs), which OTOH should have a hard time penetrating the shields. Unless the boat is jammed of course, then this boat would become a sitting duck ;D