Author Topic: Logistic ship  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Logistic ship
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:16:53 PM »
I'll repost this from the W-space thread, doesn't really belong there at all :)
 I was rambling about a Logistic ship and that I would want to practise a bit with an Osprey while possibly heading for a Basilisk :)

Found a picture of an Osprey. If I calculate right, I too could fit things in the picture. Any comments on this?

Took a look at the different equipment suggested. The following fitting for a Basilisk would require me to get Energy System Operations IV and Energy Management IV, which would take a bit under 3 days (assuming I'd be able to fly a Basilisk, that is :) ).

Highs
2 Large Shield Transporter 1's
4 Medium Shield Tranporter 2's

Mids
5 FB-10 Cap Regenerators.

Lows
2 Cap power relays

Also, I see that most articles I read suggest to get at least Logistics IV, which woul take a bit over six days for me to get. In all, if I did change my skill training *now*, I'd have Logistic IV, Energy System Operations IV, Energy Management IV *and* be able to fly a Basilisk (Caldari Cruiser V is the one that takes over three weeks to learn) on March 19th. Would this be a viable thing to do, and would this be any good for the Corp?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Logistic ship
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »
Remote reps and similar - as provided by logisitics mainly are ALWAYS of use. Seriously cant belive its not an option I had seen us as lacking in.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »
Remote reps and similar - as provided by logisitics mainly are ALWAYS of use. Seriously cant belive its not an option I had seen us as lacking in.
I read this over and over, and I don't understand  ???   Could you please translate that to simpleton-English so that I would get it too :blush:

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:30:46 PM »
I think he gave you the thumbs up.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »
Basically the things a logisitic ship provides - remote repairs (ie heals); shield transfer, capacitor transfer (Loremaster power transfer in LOTRO are the closest i can think to some of the effects here), remote sensor work and such like are all very important to a group in a fight, so characters capable of such actions are well regarded, right up their with Falcon alts and HIC pilots ;)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »
I think he gave you the thumbs up.
Ok, good :) I got confused by all the nots in "Seriously cant belive its not an option I had seen us as lacking in." ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »
that's just beo slapping himself silly for being an idiot not thinking of your great idea himself  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »
As per request, here is approx the fit I had on the Osprey for the test. Cant remember for sure the names on the modules, but at least the icons match to my prinstcreen :P

Now, please, do point to me at all the idiotic things I did there :) 

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
Now, please, do point to me at all the idiotic things I did there

The only idiotic thing you might have done is take the wrong ship for the right task. Ospreys with its light caps might just not be made for these tasks.

Ofc, what is also different with the screenie in your first post is that you cant use your low slots for those cap modules because your skills dictate you to have more cpu-boosters. This will get better with better skills, but I still think such a light cap will never get you a real effective shieldrepper. (warning, this just my opinion which may be faaaaar off from THE truth)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:11:24 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 08:08:57 PM »
Batteries and Relays over boosters imo, also Energy Grid Upgrades III and Energy Systems Operations to III or more too :)

Mang could with Shield Emissions Systems I do this:

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »
(warning, this just my opinion which may be faaaaar off from THE truth)
see? lol

nice build beo. swuul cant get enough cpu for it atm, but that will be fixed soon enough prolly. i totally missed he had a large shield repper in high, me noob

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
Thanks for all the advice :)

I plugged in skills to EveMon, as Elminda pointed out I can make the ship cap-stable even with 3 medium transferers. That will be on Sunday. As for now, I am cap stable (at about 20%...) with two medium transfers. Which means I am able to transfer 352 HP each cycle. Not much, but it is a start :)

If somebody needs some help in a mission, I would be more than happy to tag along and see how the transfering works in a real (PVE) situation :)

Also went and bought a Basilisk for 49.5 million (with the helping hand from Red :) ), so I guess I am now pretty commited towards that :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:45:22 PM by Jarkko »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »
Nice work and it may work out to be something essential in W-Space.
As Beo mentioned - logistics are very handy and it's good we have this string to the corps bow.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 11:33:59 PM »
I hope the Basilisk can fit a little bit of a tank. Because i got a feeling repping might be a high priority target for smart rats. Unless you got 2 Logistics ships able to help eachothers. :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 11:46:18 PM »
The T2 ship is very nice - the base resists are good :)