Author Topic: Minmatar post-BC ship  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Minmatar post-BC ship
« on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:26 PM »
Thinking of where to go skill-wise I have been looking at http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Minmatar_Ships a lot.
Most HAC/BS-class ships dont get such good critics.

So far 2 options seem best to me: HAC or Marauder.

(HAC)
The Muninn has resistances that make it nigh-invulnerable to lasers. With 5 turret hardpoints, 7 high slots, 5 low slots (can be filled with damage-increasing modules), and 4 medium projectile turret skill bonuses, this ship is easily one of the most powerful ganking ships available.

But I've been looking at the Marauder even more:
The Vargur is the Minmatar Marauder. Menacing, fast and hard as a wall with its excellent shield tank potential, the Vargur is somewhat of a low-damage and low-range Marauder, if there can ever be such a thing, falling after the more impressive Kronos and Paladin as a turret-bearing ship of its class, because of the inferiority of projectile turrets damage-wise, especially artillery. Then again, looking at the bonuses that the Vargur receives to tracking and falloff, and its speed, it is fairly clear that it was not actually conceived as an artillery platform, but rather as a fearsome brawler, being able to charge fast and inflict tremendous pain up close with autocannons. Its firing speed bonus helps it almost catch up to pulse lasers in terms of sheer damage to range, and with its tracking and ability to choose its damage type it performs far better against smaller vessels, but a Vargur pilot must always be aware of his situation and his ammunition.

When taking a closer look though, the tremendous pain it is said to dish out isnt as tremendous, as only 4 of the 7 highslots can be fitted with weps (turrets). Found out Marauder is also ment for salvaging.  :-\
Well, I am not getting a BS-class ship tuned down to a silly salvager I thought!

I came up with this setup, hoping to make it even more menacing (byebye cap  ;)).
What do you think of it? Is it silly or does it have potential?

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Minmatar post-BC ship
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:15:46 PM »
Ship gets these bonuses too:

Minmatar Battleship Skill Bonus: 5% bonus to large projectile turret rate of fire and 10% bonus to large projectile turret falloff per level

Marauder Skill Bonus: 7.5% bonus to shield boost amount and 7.5% bonus to large projectile turret tracking per level

Role Bonus: 100% bonus to large projectile weapon damage, 100% bonus to range and velocity of tractor beams

That role bonus effectively means 4 guns do the damage of 8.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
ok, but how important is the marauder role as salvager?
what about the idea to make a vampire out of it?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:07:47 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
and maybe even more important: is it even a good plan to move to T2 ships when we go to 0.0 space? saw vac write stuff like: fly T1 ships, so you dont lose too much money.
might it be even a better idea to train battlecruiser to lvl 5, and just go for the 2ndary skills, like motion prediction in stead of going for BS/HAC and stuff?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
Uncheck the mwd and you'll see a better reading on the cap.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865