Author Topic: CVA v AAA: A "Friendly" Fight  (Read 694 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
CVA v AAA: A "Friendly" Fight
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:30:48 AM »
Loving this. Basically CVA and AAA setup a friendly fight involving the attempt on a frieighter.  Sounds like good fun from the AAA write up.  Hoping to get a CVA one later.

Gonna try to do a little report on the fight yesterday.

OPERATION GAGARIN PARTY (fun fact: Gagarin was a Russian astronaut, and was the first human being to make an orbital space flight (in 1961)).

Mr. Awesome himself A.K.A. Ivan "[COLOR="Red"]Red Eye[/COLOR]" Wise had arranged a fight with CVA yesterday and called a fun cta.

The rules were simple and as follows:

We were only allowed to bring the following kind of ships: All T1 and T2 frigates (though no bombers or dictors), destroyers, t1 cruisers, and logistics ships.
If pilots died they were allowed to have "infinite respawns" meaning you could come back and die again and again!

The objective was also simple. Protect the VIP. Ivan was bringing a freighter. It was our enemies job to destroy the freighter, and our job to make sure they couldn't.

There was only 2 more rules. No podding, and no killing their FC.

The time for the operation was set to 18.30. We were unsure whether or not we could actually get 150 people, so Ivan allowed aaa c and havoc (and a few from UN1CUM) to come along as long as they adhered to the rules listed.
At 19.00 we had 209 people ready to sacrifice their ships for the greater cause. They were divided into the correct wings (Vodka, Whiskey, Beer, Prozac, and I can't recall the last one) and we were ready to move out.

We started moving and when we got to D-G CVA were already present. They had brought somewhere in between 150-170 people all waiting for us to setup before they warped to the fight.
We setup shop 100km from the F9E gate and after a few minutes the enemies warped to the gate at 0. We gave a bit of time to load the grid and the "GO" was given.

We had mostly long range ships and Provi people seemed to had brought mostly close and medium range ships. The result of this was as follows: Our missiles blotted out the sun, and they didn't know how to fight in the shade!

After 30 minutes or so they regrouped at a safespot and we the order was given to start killing all wrecks we could see to clear up the module cycle lag that was present. A few minutes later they warped back to the gate at 0, and after a few minutes Ivan gave the order to move with the freighter towards the gate. We slowboated to the gate at 0 km at freighter speed, while taking out anyone who dared coming close.
CVA regrouped again, and warped back in at 100km from the gate, and the fight continued. The order was given to warp to them and as soon as we did they started to take heavy losses.

After about 1½ hours (I think) CVA warped off to regroup somewhere in space.

Round 1 was over.....
Ivan once again ordered us to kill all wrecks and this time drones too to clear up the module lag. An official break of 10 minutes was called, and as we did this most of the FSI team was told to go back to HED and switch their ships from logistics to dps ships. I'm unsure how many logistics were left for round 2 (hell I don't even know how many we brought for Round 1, heh), but after they returned to D-G the call was given for round 2 to begin.

This time our enemies tried another tactic. They warped to 0km at the gate, which meant they were right on top of us. This was a bad idea since it allowed our close range ships to play as well, and they had to load the grid and so on first. They quickly realized their mistake and warped off again.

They repeated this tactic one last time to finish off the fight and lost some ships.

I think the fight in total took about 2 hours and the stats are as follows:

System: D-GTMI (Providence)
2009.07.04 19:19 - 2009.07.04 20:54

AAA Side:
Ships brought: 263.
Ships lost: 21 (this number might be a bit higher due to only -a- mails listed on our kb)

Providence side:
Ships brought 387.
Ships lost: 351.

A few rules were broken here and there, but nothing major.
CVA side brought a few bombers (don't know if they used bombs but I don't think so), and a rokh (which got out the first time in deep structure but as it warped back in it was quickly dispatched), and they podded 1 -A- pilot from the looks of it.

-A- side podded 2 pilots (done by the same pilot: Mutafakaz from RSTQ), and that was about it really (from what I can see thus far).

During the fight a neutral bomber from aggression came in and released a bomb. He wasn't aligned to either side, but apparently some CVA thought he was with us and they whined a bit about that.

I spoke with their FC after the fight for about 15 mins and he indicated that they enjoyed themselves immensely, just as we did.

This report was posted about 11 hours after the fight, and was done from my memory which may be a bit shady since I was drinking from start to finish (whiskey wing ftw), so I apologize for any mistakes. Feel free to correct me, should you find something wrong with the report. I cba to recheck my report for any grammatical errors so don't bother pointing that out
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."