Author Topic: What other MMO's have you played?  (Read 24878 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: What other MMO's have you played?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
For a PVE experience Wow is grand (or was till the TBC heroic nerf that made them easy (or as popular opinion goes fixed the bugs)), i'll give it that elv.  For ease of use - in that it runs on just about anything - its grand again.  But for its ability to really get into a players head, even if they are an hour a week person, its bloody scary :D  Still givng where its due, Blizzard created a great product in it and I can only look forward to whatever the old core team of wow is working on now (this is why wow has that ghostcrawler muppet as one of its leads, all the people with talent left after tbc launched to make the new blizz mmo :D).

And you may have a point about eve, its one of the most unforgiving games in the genre - but worth it if a person really gets into it and over the fact that you are a starship captain in a sense, not a pilot per se :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »
Come on Elv, tights and capes, you know you want to  :-*

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »
i have tried coh and i like the concept (bit of a closet comics nerd)

Had an awful lot of X-Men conversations with you on Teamspeak to believe you're merely that.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »
Really, only the one - WoW. Started that in August 2005 and still playing on and off. As most of you know, I have never and will never be hardcore at it - by that I mean, I never have time to raid in an evening (my woman doesn't really like that!) therefore I am stuck with soloing and grabbing some instances when I can. Never really been fussed though.
Started with my Paladin, Thugwar, hes sat in Outland somewhere still at level 66 - (Pala class sucks big time), moved on to my mage Smallbloke and then finally my BELF Huntard, Foirroo (Hunters - easy mode completely - target, auto shot, go and make a brew, come back and loot, rinse and repeat)

I have tried Star Wars Galaxies - never got on with it - although, technically that was my first real MMO.

City of Heroes - this seemed to be a good effort for an MMO and if hadn't been for WoW it could have been quite good, but it actually is quite dated now and the quests seem very samey.

LOTRO - Never go on with it. The issue is with, ther are stuck with LOTRO lore and therefore are limited to the realms of that.

EVE - this is the sort of game I should love and maybe should revisit sometime.... Do they still do a free trial?

Got high hopes for the new Star Wars game at the moment, I really do hope they make it something special but a part of me suspects that it won't compete with WoW. And if it doesn't I think I might as well quit with MMOs completely.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:35:52 AM by Thuggy »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »
EVE - this is the sort of game I should love and maybe should revisit sometime.... Do they still do a free trial?

Got high hopes for the new Star Wars game at the moment, I really do hope they make it something special but a part of me suspects that it won't compete with WoW. And if it doesn't I think I might as well quit with MMOs completely.

EVE - always got a free trieal going on.  Buddy program offers a 21 day free trial over the regular 14 :) I can send youa  buddy program invite if you want?

As for swtor - EA pisses me off, but I love bioware enough to willingly have their babies. I do hope it goes beyond being kotor with a chat window, but thats an early impression based on lack of info for you :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 11:49:26 PM »
Really, only the one - WoW. Started that in August 2005 and still playing on and off. As most of you know, I have never and will never be hardcore at it - by that I mean, I never have time to raid in an evening (my woman doesn't really like that!) therefore I am stuck with soloing and grabbing some instances when I can. Never really been fussed though.
Started with my Paladin, Thugwar, hes sat in Outland somewhere still at level 66 - (Pala class sucks big time), moved on to my mage Smallbloke and then finally my BELF Huntard, Foirroo (Hunters - easy mode completely - target, auto shot, go and make a brew, come back and loot, rinse and repeat)

I have tried Star Wars Galaxies - never got on with it - although, technically that was my first real MMO.

City of Heroes - this seemed to be a good effort for an MMO and if hadn't been for WoW it could have been quite good, but it actually is quite dated now and the quests seem very samey.

LOTRO - Never go on with it. The issue is with, ther are stuck with LOTRO lore and therefore are limited to the realms of that.

The most wonderful class in wow for solo'ing would be a druid imho. And play it feral - kitty to grind mobs down quickly, bear when shit hits the fan, then human and full heal after the fight  - or stun, shift out, heal up, back into bear when you wouldn't make it otherwise. Huntards are as easy, but not as much fun, imho. :) - Just a little suggestion! :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.