Author Topic: Tome of Knowledge Thread  (Read 6989 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Tome of Knowledge Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 08:38:11 AM »
Kill a special bat just east of the T2 dwarf warcamp to get "The Echo Hunter"
(Quest says you need to turn something in somewhere but I got it as soon as its corpse hit the floor)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 09:01:53 AM »
Ostland kill Lodwig Falkenheim to get Tome Tactic unlock  more info to follow as soon as i get to library in altdorf and purchase it.

Did this last night. Not sure whether it unlocks your Tactic straight away, or is part of a series to unlock it. Let me know what you find.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 07:40:46 AM »
In elflands i found one runestone somewhere behind a building, there are supposedly 3 of them, dont know what it will lead to, cause havent found the others yet.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 08:46:15 AM »
I ran into Elorian yesterday.
After killing it, it said I had unlocked "part of a quest to gain a mythical tactic".
No idea what that is, but it sounds important.  ;D
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »
In elflands i found one runestone somewhere behind a building, there are supposedly 3 of them, dont know what it will lead to, cause havent found the others yet.

the second one is near stormbrows camp dont know if a got the name right its on a hill with scorpions on it close to the cold ones harpy PQ.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
Got a Title:

The Lead Lopper

Gained for killing 10 Guild Leaders in RVR!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 10:43:52 AM »
Troll country, when walking from Felde Castle towards Troll pit (cave to west-ish), you will encounter this small creature called Elorian. Killing him gives you partial mythical tactic unlock (unlock name: lost and found)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »
Got a Title:

The Lead Lopper

Gained for killing 10 Guild Leaders in RVR!

Yeah, picked that up yesterday -- crazy one that :-)

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »
Marshes of Madness - writing from the top of my head, no coords etc sorry  :-\

Directly west of dwarven Chapter9 camp there is a man sitting close to the main road. Click on him twice.
SW of the camp - there are two PQ areas close to each other. To the north of the PQ area further from the camp, there is some vampyre relic (or something). Again click 2x.
Even more SW - take the road leading west past RvR camp (with FP) and the turning south. There is a marsh lake west from the road with a small island in the souther part. Go to that island, click on stolen supplies there.

And in the very SW corner of the map, there is an area with some geysers - they spit out a mob every now and then. I could interact with the geysers but nothing happened.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »
Elf Tier 1
bit east of Tor Aendris there is a snotling sleeping under a rock. On the rock is a loose rock, push it to get title unlock (the peculiar  :p)

Also: for the tome unlock freaks: fighting without any armor (belt etc included) gives you quite some unlocks (getting damage, doing damage, using abilities (title: the showoff  :D )
Read somewhere (on this forum?) you can get unlocks for doing scenario's without armor too, which im going to try right now

[edit] no tome unlocks for doing scenarios, did quite a lot today and got none, but got about 5 titles and lot of unlocks. things i didnt mention above: getting targeted by other players (in combat and out) and speaking to npc's (title: the flirt  ;D). [/edit]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:32:40 PM by Warcold »

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
SW of the camp - there are two PQ areas close to each other. To the north of the PQ area further from the camp, there is some vampyre relic (or something). Again click 2x.

If it's the one that I'm thinking of I did it by chance recently. I rather like the title that it gives you "The Dawnbringer".

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 10:19:31 AM »
Avelorn, SE from elven ch10 camp. There is a champion gurgling mob named Filthmiser (or so). Contributes to a tactic unlock i think.

Altdorf:
Reikland Arms, the inn opposite to First Altdorf Bank (the one with guild vault). In the basement, there are shelves which are in fact a door. There is and instance behind but requires town lvl 2 to unlock.
In Lords Row, N from Sigmars Temple, there is a one-way street with door at the end. There are some zealots downstairs in a small room. Click on a mirror to start a PQ. Pink horrors (lvl 25 mobs) spawn.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 10:08:34 PM »
Got me a Tome Item from a beastman unlock or a beasts unlock. Purely decorative, but still pretty good to get:

[item]Pelt of the Dark Young[/item]

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »
Directly east from Bohsenfels, north of the road, is a small graveyard with some animated skeletons.
One of the skeletons, standing at the gate, is named. Killing it will give you a tome unlock towards an undead tactic unlock.
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 07:38:09 AM »
In Altdorf Library I found some books in the shelves that should be clickable at some point in the game (just highlight when moused over now). Unfortunately I could only find Altdorf Volume 2 and Volume 3. Couldnt find Volume 1, so I suppose (or rather hope, cause otherwise I will have to go past all the books again  -_-) there is a quest where Volume 1 is already available.