Author Topic: Refitting in Space  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Refitting in Space
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:51:42 PM »
Refitting is possible at the POS near the Ship Array and when nearby an Orca/Rorqual/Carrier.
Generally you need to be within 3km to swap in/out modules.

The process is pretty simple:

1) Have any items to want to "swap in" - in your ships hold
2) Click the small triangle under your speedo that points to the right and select "Show Empty Module slots"
3) Drag the item from your equipped modules to your hold to unfit - and drag from your hold to the slot to fit

A handy tip when fitting at the POS is to place your ship midway between the Ship Array and the Corp hanger array.  Then you'll be able to rummage through the corp hanger at the same time.

Drones are a little more complicated - you can either have them in your hold (and your ship in range of the Ship Array/Capital) and then right click on them to move them to your drone bay.
The other approach is to open up the fitting manager and then click the drone bay in the bottom left for the window to pop open.  You can then drag/drop the drones :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Refitting in Space
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »
Does this include loading saved fits?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »
Humm - I've not tried. 

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
It does, you need all the correct mods matching the saved fitting in your hold and need to be at the Ship Maintanence array.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
the only problem is when all your modules are in a container thats in the POS. You can't open the container whilst its in the POS and if your ship happens to be to small to hold the container you are 'bugger'd' as the technical term goes. I ended up having hellfire logged on her hulk just so i could use her to access the container to then put the modules in the POS directly so that Odin could then take them out and fit them  ::).  A bit of a chore. Im supprised this isnt something our uber game providers havent done something about yet.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 06:06:18 PM »
it is possible to be both in range of hangar and maintenance bay (3000m range), so I have no probs with fitting
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166