Author Topic: Giant bloody robots (aka Mechwarrior 5)  (Read 17191 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Giant bloody robots (aka Mechwarrior 5)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:21 AM »
People tell me that a lot, lately.
I'm still waiting for karma to kick in.
Start up WoW, roll a toon on Tarren Mill, and I promise Karma will come around and kick you.

Ok! Toon made, name's Legoolas (or Legolaas, can't remember)
Kick them me hard!  ;D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:06 AM »
Figgerd you gents might be interested in this:
You may have noticed the timer the last couple of days and wondered what was going on. We have no clue either!

Just kidding!

We are pleased to announce the official Open Beta release of MekTek's Assault Tech 1: Battletech through MTX.

What is MekTek's Assault Tech 1: Battletech? It is an effort to bring the best of the MechWarrior series into one game. We are entering the open beta stage, which means your feedback will help us in the development process.

Linky to the download button.
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »
Btw: it's a good thing I have a 2-week holiday coming up with all these games lately.
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 10:21:53 PM »
Mechwarrior 4 for FREE:

http://mektek.net/projects/mw4/
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 10:30:11 AM »
Only see this now. Awesome!
I have both MechWarrior4 games, but none of the Mechpacks. Sucks that they're not up for separate download...

Also, is the free game compatible with the 'real' game?
And is anyone planning to give this a chuck in MP?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
I'll be downloading it over the next couple of days, and if it turns out to be compatible, then yeah I'll be up for something.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 10:34:37 AM »
Only see this now. Awesome!
I have both MechWarrior4 games, but none of the Mechpacks. Sucks that they're not up for separate download...

Also, is the free game compatible with the 'real' game?
And is anyone planning to give this a chuck in MP?

it reads to me like they are included in download matey

Clan and IS Mech Pack mechs available in campaign

and

Original mechs, Clan and IS Mech Pack, and Mektek mechs arranged alphabetically in Mechlab list (no longer have special symbols in front of the mech name except for Battle Armors and Infantry).
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
id be up for that if im not busy, prepare for my pulse laser slaughter ;)

oh and some PPCs too :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
Yeah, but then I would have to download 1.6G on my crappy connection. I'd rather just install the game I own and just download the packs (which should be a smaller dl) and then hope it's compatible.
I might look if I can find the packs elsewhere.

Porcupine light Mech ftw :) MGs all over :P

edit:
Porcupine vs. Pitbull:

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »
well 4 hr download sheesh ill go watch "Going Postal", tv rendering, whilst it downloads or maybe just maybe do some of the stuff ive been putting off ;)

p.s. MGs suck ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
just found my MW4 discs and Mechcommander 2 as well :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 02:13:57 PM »
some piwate got me the mech paks, so now all we need to find out if original game works with the free game
(and if the paks I acquired are ok)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »
Figuring out a good keyboard/mouse control scheme is :effort:

And then I need to figure out the game itself, so a campaign run through is required. No way am I loosing horribly to you guys in MP without at least working the game out.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
Figuring out a good keyboard/mouse control scheme is :effort:

And then I need to figure out the game itself, so a campaign run through is required. No way am I loosing horribly to you guys in MP without at least working the game out.

IIRC i used to use mouse to control torso and weapon group firing, keyboard for legs/speed

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
oh yeah ive also remembered to keep teh coolant flush, and shutdown buttons handy they can save your ass  ;)

remember shutdown mechs dont show on active radars ;)