Author Topic: Giant bloody robots (aka Mechwarrior 5)  (Read 17194 times)

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Giant bloody robots (aka Mechwarrior 5)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »
I think I may have to buy a new computer just for this game
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:13 AM »
* Mangala taps foot waiting for any announcement as to when MW4 will be up for download.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 08:48:12 AM »
Btw, are the mechs technically robots or just very large exo suits :P

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
Robots with a cockpit  :)
Walking spaceships that cant fly really (well, some can) *confused*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »
Exo suits are the heavy infantry such as the clan elementals and the poorer IS equivalent. ;) (anti-mech troopers)

As the pilot sits down and uses sticks etc to control id say robot (im sure there is actually life sized cockpits that are networked and you play a version of Mechwarrior in, hmmm sure it was in London somewhere, will find out)

http://www.virtualworld.com/

these used to be in the Trocadero centre in its hay day :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:43:34 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 09:25:23 AM »
Btw, are the mechs technically robots or just very large exo suits :P

In the universe units are divided into a few categorys

Infantry: Pure cannon fodder although they can be  nasty in a city fight if you don't have the right mechs or support elements to fight them
Battle Armour: Infantry in an armoured battlesuit equipped with a variety of half decent weapons varies in power from some of the medicore innersphere suits to the OHSHIT were dead clan elementals
Tanks: Varies in size from 5 tons to 100 tons mounts mech grade weapons but tend not to be as manoeuvrable or as well protected
Mechs: Giant stompy robots with big guns the backbome of your army in the setting. Comes in 4 flavours light medium Heavy and assault
Light: 20 to 35 tons Scouting anti infantry and raider mechs usually a small amount of weapons thin armour and good speed
Medium: 40-55 tons Jack of all trades master of none does a bit of scouting raiding and can also stand in the battle line generally your average giant stompy robot
Heavy: 60-75 tons your basic line of battle mech good armour average speed and a good selection of weapons this is the mech type you want most of ideally
Assault 75-100 the heaviest of the heavies Slow with tons of armour and the biggest guns you can buy what you use when there is something really important you want to capture/defend
Proto Mechs: A clan invention that combines the paper thin armour of Battle armour with the firepower of mechs never used them much myself but they have a reputation of being mostly crap
Aerospace Fighters: The fly boys equipped with all sorts of weaponry that ranges from peashooters to OSHIT levels but rarer and more expensive even than mechs

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
I know the difference between the various things in the universe.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »
* Mangala taps foot waiting for any announcement as to when MW4 will be up for download.

Took me a few minutes of searching to find this:

Quote from: Mektek.net
Mechwarrior FREE Release Update and MTX Announced

Posted by Vam, Thursday, 10 September 2009 14:26 Comments(0), Read all
Its been awhile since we last updated you on the status of the FREE release of Mechwarrior4 so we felt the need to assure everyone that the time is nearing. We had hoped to release the FREE title the last weekend of summer but that unfortunately did not happen due to paperwork. As previously mentioned, I indicated that there are still a number issues to resolve before the FREE release. Those issues are resolving thanks to the hard work of many at MekTek. From a development stand point the FREE release is near ready to go but we are still waiting to resolve some of the legalities associated with such a wide distribution. While we have not provided a set date for the release, we are still on target, and our partners are happy with the progress MekTek has been making. Our focus on the FREE release has been revamping our match making service MekMatch in order to accommodate many more users. In addition to the work being conducted on the Mechwarrior4 FREE release, we are also working on a community software distribution and patching application which we have been alluding to on our forums. This software is known as MekTek X (or simply MTX). X stands for the last decade of service to the Mechwarrior community. MTX was developed out the need for a centralized distribution and patching point for all of MekTek's software currently being developed and planned to be released including MekPak4 for the FREE release, Single Player Campaigns from Mechwarrior4: Vengeance and Black Knight, Assault Tech1: BattleTech, and much more. This software has been in development by Studio MekTek since the announcement of the FREE release and successfully reached beta testing status two weeks ago. MTX is a free desktop product which has been thoroughly tested and will connect you with MekTek.net's community as well BattleTech.com and the rest of our partners.

MTX will be the central point of distribution for the launch of the FREE release. This application boasts some of the following features:

# Bootstrap Installations
  # Incremental Delta Auto-Patching
  # Torrent or HTTP Downloading from an exclusive MekTek Tracker
  # Custom Web Browser
  # News Updates from MekTek and Partners
  # Online Help
  # Community Chat Lobbies
  # Network Diagnostic Tools

Stay tuned on BattleTech.com and MekTek.net for more information!

So, as it's already posted on 10 september, this means 2 things:
1) Many of you may already have found this.
2) They're being slow and are giving very litte info on their progression. Bastards! ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »

Took me a few minutes of searching to find this:

Quote from: Mektek.net
Mechwarrior FREE Release Update and MTX Announced

Posted by Vam, Thursday, 10 September 2009 14:26 Comments(0), Read all
Its been awhile since we last updated you on the status of the FREE release of Mechwarrior4 so we felt the need to assure everyone that the time is nearing. We had hoped to release the FREE title the last weekend of summer but that unfortunately did not happen due to paperwork. As previously mentioned, I indicated that there are still a number issues to resolve before the FREE release. Those issues are resolving thanks to the hard work of many at MekTek. From a development stand point the FREE release is near ready to go but we are still waiting to resolve some of the legalities associated with such a wide distribution. While we have not provided a set date for the release, we are still on target, and our partners are happy with the progress MekTek has been making. Our focus on the FREE release has been revamping our match making service MekMatch in order to accommodate many more users. In addition to the work being conducted on the Mechwarrior4 FREE release, we are also working on a community software distribution and patching application which we have been alluding to on our forums. This software is known as MekTek X (or simply MTX). X stands for the last decade of service to the Mechwarrior community. MTX was developed out the need for a centralized distribution and patching point for all of MekTek's software currently being developed and planned to be released including MekPak4 for the FREE release, Single Player Campaigns from Mechwarrior4: Vengeance and Black Knight, Assault Tech1: BattleTech, and much more. This software has been in development by Studio MekTek since the announcement of the FREE release and successfully reached beta testing status two weeks ago. MTX is a free desktop product which has been thoroughly tested and will connect you with MekTek.net's community as well BattleTech.com and the rest of our partners.

MTX will be the central point of distribution for the launch of the FREE release. This application boasts some of the following features:

# Bootstrap Installations
  # Incremental Delta Auto-Patching
  # Torrent or HTTP Downloading from an exclusive MekTek Tracker
  # Custom Web Browser
  # News Updates from MekTek and Partners
  # Online Help
  # Community Chat Lobbies
  # Network Diagnostic Tools

Stay tuned on BattleTech.com and MekTek.net for more information!

So, as it's already posted on 10 september, this means 2 things:
1) Many of you may already have found this.
2) They're being slow and are giving very litte info on their progression. Bastards! ;)

Last I heard there was some sort of legal problem that needed to be ironed out before they could release

Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 07:00:54 AM »
I hadnt seen that notice at all, I check their site/forums once a week or so - still any update is a good update tbh.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
hope the actual games I have mixes with this, cause else I have to download this stuff with my 1M connection :\
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
I'd burn it to dvd for you, again.
Carrier pigeons ftw :P
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 05:09:08 AM »
I'd burn it to dvd for you, again.
Carrier pigeons ftw :P

You really are too nice :)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 07:15:31 AM »
People tell me that a lot, lately.
I'm still waiting for karma to kick in.
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 09:04:18 AM »
People tell me that a lot, lately.
I'm still waiting for karma to kick in.
Start up WoW, roll a toon on Tarren Mill, and I promise Karma will come around and kick you.