Author Topic: Monkey Island Returns!!!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Monkey Island Returns!!!
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:15:21 AM »
OMG!

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Tales of Monkey Island announced

In a joint press release today, LucasArts and Telltale Games have announced the first new entries in the vaunted Monkey Island PC adventure series, with one completely new entry, and the original entry getting a fresh coat of paint. The two have announced The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, a remake of the first title in the series, and the Tales of Monkey Island, a five-part episodic series with all-new adventures.

LucasArts will be heading The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, which is set to hit both the PC and the Xbox Live Arcade. This remake of the original classic will feature all-new HD graphics, a remastered musical score, full voice acting, and an in-depth hint system. Guybrush Threepwood embarks on a quest through the fabled Monkey Island, all in the name of trying to become a pirate. No release date was announced.

Telltale Games, meanwhile, will be hard at work creating Takes of Monkey Island, a five-part episodic series that will make its appearance on both the PC and the WiiWare downloadable service. Guybrush Threepwood sets out on an all-new adventure against his rival, the evil pirate LeChuck. Within the coming weeks, the series is set to debut, with Telltale Games already taking pre-orders on their website.

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20090601.html
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Monkey Island Returns!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
look forward to the original make-over i think the last gfx adventure i played and completed was the third in the monkey island series.

im not getting into the whole episodic thing paying for extra content really gets my goat for non mmo's.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Monkey Island Returns!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/31170/

ITS HERE!!!!

Revamp of the old game comes next week :)

I have however just bought this on steam :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."