Author Topic: EVE Online Thread  (Read 47350 times)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »
there's also the certificate system now - should help you along (though some seem a bit suspect to me but waddoo I know?)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »
EveMon makes me happy - slap in your API key and then work out what you want to fly.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »
As Goat mentioned I am often in the EVE NEWBS channel in game - so join it and say hi if I am in there - Mangala Solaris is the character I am in there the most on.  Or a variety of other characters with Solaris as a surname, with one or two exceptions.

I have 2 corps one is Ma'adim Logisitics. My main and all my alts bar one sit in it. The other is staying unnamed as is the alt in it. That one holds access to my major isk faucet and its all mine I tells ya!!!

Mang started out as an industrialist, then went missioner, now she shoots things - then missions a little more to keep my sec above (way above if I can help it) 0 :) Although I'm increasingly tempted to send her to under zero - to become a Pirate!

My alts are a mix of RnD characters, miners, haulers and a couple of bait alts as well as a potential carrier pilot in there should I decide to go that route (his drone skills rock and well the thanatos is nice on the eyes too...) and my trader guy too of course.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:00:40 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 10:52:41 PM »
Certificates look a great way to make sure you have coverage of skills.

An often overlooked facet in Eve is using the right ammo for the target.  They go down much quicker if you spec it right.  Just don't go smart-bombing in Jita when you're bored :)
Drones are a great way to dish out dmg - esp if you're in a cruiser with decent drone space.

Grab all the look from the ships and salvage when you can - people like Beo put up buy orders on the market - so you can always sell. It all mounts up pretty quickly.

Watch out for the Worlds Collide mission - speed + tank is the key in the first couple of deadspace zones.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 11:06:07 PM »
there's also the certificate system now - should help you along (though some seem a bit suspect to me but waddoo I know?)

This feature is growing on me, in a "pokemon, collect em all" sort of way. Even if some of the things do make me go all head scratchy at why a skill is included in a certificate when its reasonable to say its unrelated.

Only got 2 elite ones myself on Mangala, rest are a hodge podge of improved, standard and even some basic. My rnd alts are all now approaching Elite in relevant ones there, which is nice if very very niche for them!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=1676&article_id=312505

Ambulation screens, that we didnt even see at Fanfest. We saw Ambulation but not this much of it :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 12:34:35 PM »
Whats that chess type game? i sense people spending all there time on station playing it :D

*must resist temptation to resub, 2 games are enough*

Watch out for the Worlds Collide mission - speed + tank is the key in the first couple of deadspace zones.

Lost my first rigged Drake on that mish, first time in it managed to pull entire zone i think :)  cried at my sheer stupidity, read about it ,learned, got my revenge :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »
One of several minigames available to be installed bars.

watch this:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/47959

Ps my new Iphone rocks :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 12:44:06 PM »
LOLs love the way they show it off bugs and all:)

*drools*
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »
LOLs love the way they show it off bugs and all:)

*drools*

You'll be back - anyone who passes 6 months or so in eve, never really leaves :)

Ambulation is possibly next winters expansion (t3 is the spring/summer one along with the new box release) so you have a year of me and others showing how good eve is constantly!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »
its just 3 online games, life and all the other good games that arise take up soooo much time, if only each day had 40 hours :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 10:04:21 PM »
Why dont we just dismantle HoJ and all go play just EVE, as everyone is so enthusiastic about it     :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »
Spaceships of Justice?

Small hybrid railguns of Justice?

Oh my god there's too many options of Justice?

You are already halfway in, the other half will take about 9 more seconds... of Justice?

Sounds good.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 09:13:02 AM »
I vote Techtree of Justice
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
EvE's a great game, but it's not the type of 'join a guild, go do stuff' game that many other MMOs are.

It's more the type of game you play over months and years and people have distinct playstyles:

- Carebears
  - Mission Runner
  - Industrialist
  - Miner

- PVPers
  - Low sec pirate
  - 0.0 PVPer

- Empire builder
  - 0.0 Legionairre <--- me
  - 0.0 Fleet Commander
  - 0.0 Industrialist
  - 0.0 Miner

To that end, I'm still keeping my WH sub going, and at some point soon you'll probably see more of me.

FWIW, my 'newbies get 10M ISK' offer stands to any member of HoJ who joins EvE, and if a group of people do want to join, then sticking together and learning the game as a group will make life much easier for you. Beos and I will (and I hope he doesn't mind me saying) sub you guys the cash for your first battleships and gear (when you get the skills) - as long as you ALWAYS KEEP THEM INSURED.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:25:29 AM by vacuum »