Author Topic: last 2 classes  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
last 2 classes
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:37:50 PM »
dont know if this is true but some magazine has released what they say are the last 2 classes.

sith inquisitor

and

jedi consulor/consultant

pinch of salt time till confirmed on the official site.

was a german magazine and the consular abilities are...........

sleep
lift
cast down/smite
force push
reflect
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:46:51 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: last 2 classes
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
Plausable for sure, they seem to be working on "mirror" classes ala WAr, but hopefully with better balance.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:02:52 PM »
i remember KOTOR basically split jedi into 3 groups Consulars, Guardians and Sentinels so i had thought they might go down that road.

and iirc Consulars were the strongest force users :)

and id lean towards a Sith Maurader pure rage incarnate with lightsaber slicey.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »
I hope this isn't true. In true WoW style, Jedi and Sith should be one class, with talent trees or something akin to that that creates divergence in the class.

Having another Jedi/Sith class seems like a waste/cop out to me.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »
I think Kurtt feels stronger about it than I do, but he's right. ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:42 PM »
you should see the armour sets stolen from another game ?

http://i45.tinypic.com/flhe9y.jpg

think the info i have posted was from the german version of pcgamer magazine
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:59:30 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 09:38:16 AM »
Translation of pages from the scans that are showing up of this magazine.

Some of you might wonder what is the whole article in the german magazine PC Games about as seen on these pictures ... here and there. I sat down and translated it for you:

(Edit:This is the whole text on both pics. There is no Consular quest because the journalists played only the Inquisitor. The Consular was just shown to them.)

On the Electronic-Arts-Home-Exhibition Showcase winter 2009 we had the chance for the first time to play the Sith Inquisitor. And this we have experienced:

Planet: Korriban
Place: The valley of the Dark Lords
Quest giver: Helper Harkun

We sit with three other Sith Akolythes infront of the Sith-Overseer Harkun. Garv, one of the Akolythes, failed miserably in his last task and now pays the price for that: Befor our eyes one of Harkun's own guys executes him. This must be a warning for the rest of us, means the bald-headed overseer and send us on the top of this for a dangerous mission. We must find in the tomb of the Dark Lord Tulak Hord the imperial agent Ephran Zell.

Ephran is one strange nervous dude, who wants to start some dreadful "Red Machine". One gigantic underground Instrument, which will raise him to a greater power. The incapable Ephran is searching for a long time to solve the riddle and needs our help. But the machine needs "fuel" in order to function. And it consists from hate and blood from three K'lor'slug Devastators - one sort of big worms with arms and claws - which live in the tomb in great numbers.

On the way to Ephran Zell, the Inquisitor Urinth, a leader of the Sith Intelligence, stops us. She offers us one additional task, which we have to finish as soon as possible, and even better before we follow Harkun's orders. Urinth's mission is basicly to gain the trust of the jedi Quorian Dorgis, who was captured by the Sith, by making his escape possible. Fed with false information, she wants him to flee to the frontlines of the Republic, in order to lead their fighting force in a trap.

We take the quest, but put it in the back of our list. First we go to the tomb of Tulak Hord, one dead dark Lord, who ruled in the early days of the Sith Empire and always wore one fearful black mask. Besides the common worms, in the shadows of the caves wonder some traitors: renegade Sith and Refugees as well as some wrong polarized mine-droids. Those fools can't stop such Sith as us. With the ability "Overload" we dash in their midst. Our Sith Inquisitor cracks the floor loud, lightnigs spread in all directions and make our enemies like lame puppets. Those who are heavily hit we kill with finishing lightsaber moves and lightnings.

With the button "M" we call one map of the area, in which we are currently. While one yellow arrow represents our position, green arrows mark the direction in which we have to go. Yellow circles are Quest destinations. Led in such manner we quickly arrive in the corridors of the tomb, full with expresive Sith statues. On three spots we take the text tablets with ancient Sith inscriptions for overseer Harkun. Ofcourse worms and outcasts hinder us, but those enemies fall like flies too. Meanwhile we solve a bonus quest "Set a mark", for which one eight of the Sith traitors had to believe in.

In the end we activate the red machine. Attracted by the activity run K'lor'slug worm for their own slaugther. Elegantly our Inquisitor moves his lightsaber from one monster to the next. When three of them lie in their own blood, the machine is happy and unveils it's last mystery. With the lightsaber in one hand and the text scrolls in the other we fight our way to Ephran Zell. He is excited when he can hold the scrolls in his own hands. We are tempted to steal the mystery from him immediately - when needed with force. But the time to grab the power didn't come yet. We are still not a full member of the Empire, but more of a slave, which must prove himself infront of his master.

We are on our way to tell overseer Harkon about the success of our mission, but we are hold again. Lady Zash, one high ranking Sith, waves for one little talk to us. The jedi holocron, one library cube, which can project three-dimentional images and can save tons of information, unveiled his mystery with our help. She is impressed and ask us how such low ranking Sith as we are can do such thing. Our answer surprises even the hardened Sith lady: "It was too easy. I had to offer four sacrifices and eat their harts." As a recognition for our heroism and self-sacrifice for the Sith she chooses us as her padawan.

Overseer Harkon is little nervous because of our delay: "Where were you so long, slave?" he asks us with laud voice. We tell him about our success and the encounter with lady Zash. Instead of beeing amazed, he laughts in our face: "A Sith like Zash will squash you on the floor if she meets you!" But we must go and run to the trainer, he awaits us there. We ask him if we are going to meed HArkon's own people there. The overseer seems to be slowly angry with us. A Sith Akolyth as his own padawan is a born warroir and superior to us in any aspect. But we are ready to try and finish the new quest with he words "I never fail".

With these words ended our adventure for now ...

Jedi Consular page:
Image top:
With sword, charm and the force! The Jedi Consular fights from the second line.
Image middle:
The seventh class is the Jedi Consular. Contrary to the revealed Jedi Knight, several weeks ago, is the Consular not to be found in the first line. Although he can swing the lightsaber too, he masters several ranged fighting skills like "Sleep", "Lift" or "Smash". The class can be tuned into damage or healing. Thus is the Jedi Consular one mighty support class in the Old Republic.

Abilities:
Sleep
Lift
Smash
Force Push
Reflect

Both images bottom:
Beatiful type! The Jedi Consular stretches his arms, focuses his force, and throws the attacking droids with one strike through Force Push on the ground.

Sith Inquisitor page:
Image top left:
I have the force! As a Sith Inquisitor one masters the use of elecricity with ease.
Image top right:
The Sith Inquisitor is the alst of the eight classes tottaly with which SWTOR will launch. The Inquisitor is the opposite of the Consular and is a fighter from the second line. Equipped with force abilities like the "Shock" or the "Lightning Charge" heats his enemies properly, in which we could assure ourselves in one play session. One quest sent us into an ancient Sith-tomb, where crawled with killer worms (K'lor'slug Ravager) and imperial deserters. With the help of the area attack "Overload" near enemies we can not only damage them, but knock them back and stun them for several seconds, and so we cleaned the nest quickly.

Abilities:
Saber Blow
Shock
Execute
Overload
Lighting Charge
Whirlwind
Dark Gift
Call a fare(?)
Dark Meditation

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
Seems they were correct about the Jedi Consular class

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-consular

Just one more class to reveal - I am guessing that the Sith Inquisitor is looking more likely.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »
Im actually wondering what class I'd like to play.  Since I actually can "alt" well enough these days, dedicating myself to one role seems lacking - hopefully alting will be done well due to possibly diferent stories.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 07:38:51 AM »
Seems they were correct about the Jedi Consular class

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-consular

Just one more class to reveal - I am guessing that the Sith Inquisitor is looking more likely.

Confirmed:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/sith-inquisitor

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
Still a tad dissapointed we're seeing too Jedi and two Sith classes.

I suppose theres always still the flamey goodness of a Bounty Hunter :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »

Thats the thing though - surely it being set in the days of the old old old old old republic, when force users of all types were more prevalent means they can do this.  And countered with the fact that the other classes would no doubt (in story) be represented by people able to rape force users as they are the top of their game too, means I have actually gotten over the number of jedi classes.

Now if it was New Hope era, I'd be upset and Im not that much of a fanboi :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

Thats the thing though - surely it being set in the days of the old old old old old republic, when force users of all types were more prevalent means they can do this.  And countered with the fact that the other classes would no doubt (in story) be represented by people able to rape force users as they are the top of their game too, means I have actually gotten over the number of jedi classes.

Now if it was New Hope era, I'd be upset and Im not that much of a fanboi :)

yup massive numbers of force users meant it was "watered" down amongst them all so none of the uber powerful force users
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)