Author Topic: Question: What class(es) are you thinking on?  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Question: What class(es) are you thinking on?
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
Obviously if you are going Order then I see Bright Wizards galore!!!

So those who shall be giving WAR a chuck for short or for long, what class(es) you looking into?

Personally, I'll have an Ironbreaker (guess his name!) and a Witch-Hunter, I cant resist the tank-role now can I, and the WH looks great fun.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Question: What class(es) are you thinking on?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 06:12:50 PM »
hehe having tried all classes as of today i cant decide.

in beta yes bright wizard is popular but the zerg on order side consists of 35% healing type classes archmage/runepriest/warrior priest.

destro consists of a hell of a lot of tanks and thats why order are winning slighty more healing power.

im looking at bright wizard/archmage/shadow warrior but this could change.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »
As i love all things Magey

bright wizard, archmage, also a nice engineer (just love the sound of those crazy dwarfs), and also a squig herder just for fun :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
bright wizards do a hell of a lot of damage in beta people were already calling them op'ed and asking for the nerf bat.

there spell animations were really good when they worked(beta problem)
one effect was like the ground under the target turning to molten magma.
another was like napalm going off at about head lvl.

archmage more of a dedicated healer you did get dots to use and a half decent dps called searing touch i used this to finish people off that were trying to get back to there lines after them taking a lot of damage.
but then again there were three skill trees to try so i didnt explore fully.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 02:55:57 PM »
I guess during the open beta ill give as many classes as i can a quick once over and see which one to dedicate my early start to :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
Dwarf Engineer tinkerer
Goblin Squigherder -something-

Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
I'm stupid... can you play both sides (good/evil) on a core server?

Oh great leader, will you post on the frontpage when HoJ takes a decision on servers?

I'd love it if there was a little group on evil side as well.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
dont think you can play order/chaos on the same server something to do with spying on the enemy>

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
dont think you can play order/chaos on the same server something to do with spying on the enemy>

This - Mythic kept this system from DAOC.

And yes I shall Goat :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."