Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 32463 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 06:23:50 AM »
Ive maxed my PzVI Tiger I for gear and crew and have left it in storage now as its damn expensive to run  :'(
I use my VK3601(H) for credit grinding. Its as tough as old boots and its upkeep isnt to bad. Also the 88mm canon it uses is nice for penetration and damage.
Im now training my way down the russian medium line. I really really want a T44. having come up against them a number of times i can confirm the rock in speed , agility, toughness and firepower. much much better than the Panther.
How on earth did you get all that xp so fast?  ???
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 08:26:01 AM »
by saving up the free gold they've been giving us until i could afford a week at premium. In my Tiger in a good game using premium i could make btwn 1k - 2k exp and 30k credit. So it racks up fairly quickly.

Ive attached a couple of screen shots.
One of my Tiger before its crew was fully trained, and the other showing a game we won where i only got 4 kills (but survived the match intact) whilst using premium. As you can see i still got 1700 exp and 30k credit for less than 10 mins work.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:27:45 AM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 08:27:42 AM »
The game seems quite amusing at times :)

At least was first time i tried it after having downloaded and installed it.
Yesterday it was unplayable :(

Felt like the computer was dying or something. Lag or stuttering was horrific. Took 1-2 MIN! before movement happend on the screen. Other tanks jerked all over the place.

Which is weird since i reduced settings to low etc and the first time i was running it on med at the same time as I had a eve client up...

Ah well, hope it was temporary and works next time.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 08:31:39 AM »
They keep mucking around with the server settings. Apparently they are going to be making changes to it so that it uses less system and gpu memory. Was it one particular map you had issues with because i get issues on only one map like that.
Ive only been playing it on my lappy which isnt the highest spec so i have all settings at minimum myself (cant be arsed to get my desk top out of the loft and set it up  ::) )
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 09:59:23 AM »
They keep mucking around with the server settings. Apparently they are going to be making changes to it so that it uses less system and gpu memory. Was it one particular map you had issues with because i get issues on only one map like that.
Ive only been playing it on my lappy which isnt the highest spec so i have all settings at minimum myself (cant be arsed to get my desk top out of the loft and set it up  ::) )

Tried several times, think I was on 3 different maps (not 100% though).
Doubt it was system memory, have 4gb and had killed almost everything in the background... Could be my gpu i suppose... 512mb on it iirc.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »
I was getting similar on Lakeville yesterday.

And people in chat out of battle were mentioning similar on random maps all day, so wouldnt surprise me if its server side stuff the mad russians are up to.

Oh and I wants a HEAVY tank.  Saw a few yesterday and WOWEE am I impressed.

My biggest gripe with WoT is the 15 v 15, I want larger battles, dont get me wrong 30 in a game can still be epic, but I want a Kursk!!!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

My biggest gripe with WoT is the 15 v 15, I want larger battles, dont get me wrong 30 in a game can still be epic, but I want a Kursk!!!

There will be in the final release. They are talking about some maps being 4x the size of current maps and having 30 v 30 or maybe even more (depends if they can tweak the 'Bigworld' software to allow for it. One of the current issues is the 'teleporting tanks' at distances across the map. Hopefully they'll get it sorted as I kind of like the game. Its a little more involved than just a shootem up but still allows for you to just play for a few mins here and there. This kind of works for me with my usual lack of time for much.  ::)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
Saf killed me :(

Ps mac ya scrub, join our channel!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:08:47 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
Something im wondering about auto-aim, does it seem to anyone else that when you use it (if you do), all your shots just seem to go to the enemies turret?

Rather than anywhere else on the tank?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »
 Victory!
Battle: Prohorovka vrijdag 6 augustus 2010 20:40:35
Tank: BT-2
Earned:
771 Experience
4.514 Credits
great (recruits) battle in my BT-2

talking about bt's, is the bt-7 any good? seems to be fastest tank on the field (70+ kph)
bit pricey though, at 90k
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
Dekurgan (23:20:44) and lvl of training on crew make a huge difference. don't forget to take out the crew before u sell a tank. u only lose a little experience re-training them for a new tank and its easier than starting from scratch again]

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 09:54:23 PM »
uhm, how on earth do you get SPG back out of that birdflight view... I was getting shot and and didnt know how to get out of it, so I just pressed some buttons and survived...  ;)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 07:35:56 AM »
pressing F1 in game gives u your controls list.
Getting it out of birdeye view i tend to use the mouse zoom wheel. I do believe you can use the page up and down keys as well if u dont have a wheel mouse.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 08:19:18 AM »
pressing F1 in game gives u your controls list.
Getting it out of birdeye view i tend to use the mouse zoom wheel. I do believe you can use the page up and down keys as well if u dont have a wheel mouse.
scrolling didnt work for me, but I'll take a better look at the controls list