Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 34658 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »
STO beta signups start today: http://www.startrekonline.com/

If you've got a Lifetime CO sub, your in, we just don't know when we're in, which is causing quite a bit of amusing fanboi rage over on the CO forums :D

internet forums really are full of mouth breathers they should all be incinerated and used to produce electricity for the rest of us.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »
Challenge the developers to a bat'leth duel and let death resolve the issue.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »
Challenge the developers to a bat'leth duel and let death resolve the issue.

Now this is an approach to dispute resolution I can really get behind! ;D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
The rage is spreading - Im reading on other forums I use and jesus people are crying about it too much :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
So to recap what i'd posted before server died last week..

Game is to launch in february 2010.  Suddenly its in Closed beta.  People who payed money via a Co sub etc to get into STO Beta arent in right now as "we dont have the hardware to let everyone in" (Read: We are pushing this out as ST fanboi's will make us loads from box sales and then we can spend months patching the game for it fail to even become niche!).

Then they show off this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBjpR0XzUE

Jesus that Ui looks like the bastard scifi love child of your everyday 3rd person MMO - ie WoW, WAR etc etc etc, so it could be the game actually does stay afloat somehow because people en massé love stuff thats familiar - I have little hope though.

Either way, I'd probably not be picking it up on my return, as the ST universe doesnt appeal to me anyways (Except the Dominion War mega-arc in DS:9) and the game really is destined to the dustbin of MMOs.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:43:19 AM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »
ill make my own mind up as im now in beta ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »
as i dont really like the gameplay style of eve i wont be giving this ago i preffer feet on the ground guy running around type of mmo.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »

Hold on a tick, how come your in beta and I'm not?

Silly Cryptic.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »

Silly Cryptic.

i applied after clicking link in account page ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 09:36:46 AM »

Silly Cryptic.

So, you in through the regular application process and not as part of your lifetime sub?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »

Silly Cryptic.

So, you in through the regular application process and not as part of your lifetime sub?

i clicked the link in my CO account page , got taken to STO beta thingy, filled in comp details, and 2 days later got invite, its certainly not how it sounded at time of CO launch but i got thre so im happy(ish), beta times arent very EU friendly to say the least.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 08:23:09 AM »
I'm in!

Downloading now.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »
I'm in!

Downloading now.

no idea when next beta session is with it being thanksgiving in the States, but id say avoid the boards, they are full of people who think they are playing a finished game it makes me wanna cry.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »
I'm in!

Downloading now.

no idea when next beta session is with it being thanksgiving in the States, but id say avoid the boards, they are full of people who think they are playing a finished game it makes me wanna cry.

beta boards filled with more tears than open board? shocker :D 

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »
Its a good job the next play session is a way off, I've left the client downloading all day while out, and it managed 25% of the 6gb client...