Author Topic: Champions Beta  (Read 61724 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Champions Beta
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »
Guess whos just been invited onto the Champions online beta :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Champions Beta
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »

You swine!

When did you sign up for it? I only signed up this morning, so I doubt I'll get in.

Post screenies and info plx.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:40:10 PM »
Didnt even know there was one :(

Where plx?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:16 PM »

You swine!

When did you sign up for it? I only signed up this morning, so I doubt I'll get in.

Post screenies and info plx.

i signed up an age ago as soon as cryptic sold COH to NCsoft to start developing. its still limited at the mo to mon/wed/fri for now

Didnt even know there was one :(

Where plx?

http://champions-online.com/
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
Just a teaser for Kurtt ;)

heres one of my toons on Beta, Power Armour power set :) ill post more this week for ya as soon as i grab some decent screenies to  show off:)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »
and another :)

Dark power set :D

next playtest is wednesday so ill grab some more screenies and give my thoughts on the game.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
Are these graphics final? Looks like a step down even from wow-graphics.  :-[
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »
these are just avatar images not in game ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:26 PM »

heres one of my toons on Beta, Power Armour power set :) ill post more this week for ya as soon as i grab some decent screenies to  show off:)

Looks like a loladin set :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

Looks like a loladin set :)

With the lvl 60 MC epic warrior Helm  :D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
ok so heres some info totally breaching the NDA but as they are basically adding that final layer of polish and swatting the last bugs i see no harm ;)

A comment on the graphics before i post anything they are using cell shading that gives them a nice comic book look, also makes them a bit blurry on occasion but trust me in game they look fit for the genre.

Firstly Frameworks, these are your power sets or as you can see you can mix and match to create your own custom powerset, plus point of sticking to the 1 set is faster access to the higher tier powers but eventually any character can choose any power.

The character creation is pretty similar to COH's well why change what is pretty damn perfect ;)

As well as damaging/defensive/ CC powers etc you get Travel powers , those in COH will know what they are about although some of the old favourites are slightly different, as well as their being newer ones.

So as well as Flight, Super speed, Jumping, Teleportation (which is totally different to the way COH handles it) you get Fire flight (Human torch), Ice Sliding (Iceman), Hover Disc, Swingin (not seen that one so cant comment ;)  ) , Jet boots, and others that they seem to be adding on a weekly basis.

heres Hover Disc (looks better now they reskinned it, used to look like a flying Manhole cover hehe ) (and i wont mention the week they set its traction to 0 that was a fun week for testing :) stop.stop .stop .....feck im 1 mile away from where i wanted to be :D  )

Another difference from COH is the introduction of Nemesis, at level 25 YOU design and create your own Super Adversary, your Nemesis, that is then used in a variety of misssions and gains in power as you do :) (not quite there yet so no screenies at the mo)

PVP is handled in an arena environment, the Hero Games as they are called are quite fun ( Melee orientated characters do suffer somewhat) and a fun break to missioning. Queing is simple and can be done anywhere to access games in your tier.

Instances are handled the same way ,in fact the same button allows both. So getting teams together is easy.

ok back in game to grab more screenies and decide what else to leak ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:46:55 AM by Caradir »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »
Awesome stuff chap. Images are dead for me though :(

I will definatley be moving over to CO when it comes out. CoH but newer and shinier!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 10:45:21 AM »
fixing images directly linking to my private folder doesnt work :) nub me.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
ok didnt get anymore screenies last night seems they fed the hamsters elastic bands and it caused all sorts of shenanigans :) and i shant mention the mini beasts seems they let loose a shrinking ray on someof the none humanoid critters :D

Roles is another new addition from COH you unlock various roles by completing perks, some of the early ones are Defense (take 5000 damage), Offense (do 5000 damage). These allow you to equip powers that function as a type of buff, for instance Power Armour gets a power (name eludes me at the mo) which increases damage resists (51% at level 3)and has another power than can be purchased that allows it to add a  short term damage absorb as well, but can only be equipped in defense roles. Others get powers for Offense and support.

Crafting is also there as you do have equipment (of sorts) an Offense piece a defense piece and a utility piece each with 2 secondaries for 9 in all (these are your stat boosters), and 5 slots for items (things like summoning tomes. grenades, prototype guns that have limited life etc that add another strategy or use in missions). Crafting comes in 3 flavours Science, Arms, and Mystical allowing crafting of bags and various pieces of kit.

As i said they are pretty much polishing the game getting ready for release i see the smoothest release in a long time for an MMO and i have ordered my copy as i loves it :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 11:07:45 AM »
p.s. my favourite power so far is the Gadgeteering power "prototype Blaster" has a "1% chance to inflict effect Teddy on target" bloody hilarious to watch a huge villain turn into a soft teddy and start wailing on you :D