Author Topic: Failheap Challenge Ganknights  (Read 47657 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Failheap Challenge Ganknights
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:53:49 AM »
Ganknights are run by guys from the Scrapheap-Challenge (A pretty good eve related forum, as long as you stay out of General, or whatever the hell its called this week!), its run by a guy called Calmdown, who is now CCP Claw (He runs the alliance tournaments).

The ganknights are basically a giant group of SHC posters, and whoever they drag along with them, that wanders over lowsec and 0.0 killing anything and everyone thats in their way, often times using local chat as fleet chat. If it isnt purple its fair game. So this means people will shoot corp mates, alliance mates, blues and neutrals in addition to reds all in the name of a good night out :) This has lead to innumerable attendee's being kicked from corps, havingt o reimburse alliance mates and the like.

There is usually two types of night:

*.0 nights - these are serious nights, involving serious fits (Faction night or tomorrow's Battlecruiser night), but still with some humor involved.

*.5 nights - "comedy" nights, semi serious fits or ship choices (ie AF night, or Destroyer night) with huge amount of humor thrown in. These nights usually end in fire, some form of homicidial suicide pact takes place or we find a camp we cant geta way from!

I posting this here as a thread I'll update after each night I attend, and hopefully over time I'll see more of us along on such nights, as they really are great!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:02:52 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Scrapheap Challenge Ganknights
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
If I didnt have appointment tomorrownight I'd be in   :-[
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
If I didnt have appointment tomorrownight I'd be in   :-[

Epic night.  Epic freaking night.

Posting Killmails to our board from the GK one: http://karbowiak.dk/kb/ganknight/?a=home right now, but I had a blast!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:32:49 AM »
All kills I was involved in - bar one which has some sort of malformation error - are now up on our kB:

http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/maadikb/?a=home

I'll break GK down in the am.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
So its the morning after the night before.

A large portion of the fleet met up in Rens, outside the Brutor Tribe Treasury station there, we promptly took over local and spammed the shit out of it (this was to be a running theme for the remainder of the night), before our FC for the evening lead us off towards the lowsec meetup point (Ganknights always have two meet ups - one fore regular folk and one fore blinky reds who cannot enter hisec anymore).

By the time we were all together and heading for deepest Curse, we had 131 people in the fleet - the majority of whom where in drakes, although the less said about 4xSensor Boostyer fit 'Canes the better really! - we headed off towards Lj- getting a few good fights along the way, but mainly just seeing people run from us.

After we reached LJ- we moved on towards HED-GP, with a Razor Alliance group following us and looking at the kills I was on during that journey, some TCF too :D  That gang picked off a few stragglers, got ahead of us and dropped drag bubbles and the like, but using our mwd's we burned off bubbles and to gates all the while throwing missile spam at anything that got in range :)

In HED we tussled with the RZR guys again and tried to tempt a KIA gang to jump in and play too - we wanted a threeway ;) However wasnt to be.

We then decided to head over to the Misaba gate in R3- and camp it silly as a way to bring CVA and its friends out of the woodwork (its one of the main travelled gates in Providence, 3 or jumps from hisec Domain), although what the now depleted fleet (80 or so - dont go for a piss break that lasts longer than 5 minutes!) would do if they brought a massive gang as our spies in their intel channels suggested they would do...

And it paid off, they brought like 90-100 guys in battleships, HACs, HICs and a myriad number of other ships. We calmly set about killing them, suffering losses but inflicting more than we took, then they brought up reinfornements and we still kept on killing, although things began to get overwhelming. Until a handful of us was left, then I was locked by 20 or so of them and died in fire.

Great end to the night really, the 3hours we'd spent before that were worth the slight boredom when put up against the epically good fight that CVA and their buddies brought to us :)

Its just not a Ganknight if you dont die at the end of it - or mulitple times during it.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »
nice one.
I look forward to getting into some of those. But not until ive finished my gunnery and electronic skills list that will take at least another 6 weeks    :(
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:04 AM »
meh, bummer i missed that one. sounds awesome indeed!   :o

and respect for your killboard  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
Very nice work :)
137 ish kills in the night!  Kudos!

What's up with our KB?  The home page isnt showing kills/losses, http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/maadikb/?a=kills doesn't show anything recent and clicking the prev week only shows the Agony courses and losses only shows 1 for yesterday.  You ony get more info by going to the stats page.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 11:10:17 AM »
Never noticed that, i'll nag the developers see what they say.

As for the loss - I only died the once, so we'll only see that loss :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
heh, look at this one: http://karbowiak.dk/kb/ganknight/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=574
cva helped you guys a bit in killing this cva   :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
heh, look at this one: http://karbowiak.dk/kb/ganknight/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=574
cva helped you guys a bit in killing this cva   :D

Epic - thats great :)  Obviously mistargeted or messed up on ordering his drones :)

Now this I like even more: http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/maadikb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=112  CVA's current "boss" :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »
Leaked quotes from CVA's private killboard comments:

------------------------------
Well the boys from ScrapHeap decided to pay us another visit and this time it was in Drakes.

Call to arms was quickly made and we amassed a sizable fleet in S9X as our CF buddies came in to R3 from Misaba.

A fleet that peaked at 90 formed up in X8 on the AY gate and after catching a few stragglers we hopped into AY to find the entire CF gang about 10k off of the gate.

Mass carnage ensued, I got a few kills and even a KM (huzzah!) before catching a primary. All in all it was a good op and appears that we had an awesome K/D ratio, the kills are still coming in to the boards.

Submit your links for fraps or otherwise.

--Por ( LFA Diplomat )

( From my knowledge there was about 75 reds, about 90 blues.... we were alot lighter in terms of DPS / Tanking ability I think over all, but still waiting to get an accurate count. We killed pretty much the entire fleet, and lost around 40 blues

-----------------------------

Well commanded by XXXX. And yes they had more firepower, had the advantage of us jumping into them, and our fleet feeding in a bit over time. That said twas a fun fight. Well fought by both sides. They call it an epic win-but they lost their entire fleet-i'll do that every day of the week and twice on Sunday for mother Providence

Dammit I missed the killmail whoring!

Anyway good work people.

Bringing HICs, HACs and Recons (except for Falcons) to such a battle is not the brightest of ideas... Battleships are cheaper and more effective

Was a nice fight; catched primary immediately after jumping, but was repped up by friendly RR to 100% Armor. Then I was jammed for most of the time, but decided to let my Drones stay agressive and hunt some of the fukkers down instead of deagressing - worked fine until they eventually broke my tank

I also think that "Call to Arms"-things for a lol-Drake fleet are totally unnecessary.

The part I bolded, I dont think that he "gets" ganknight.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »
lol -the usual management spin.
53% effectivness isn't really an awesome K/D ratio and it looks like they had a mix of BS's, HAC's, HICs & BC's - so I don't see how their DPS & tanking was "lighter" esp considering they had remote reppers in their group.  Hacs & Hics have super tanks - the Onyx fitting I'm playing with has 120k EHP.

I also find it funny that their "call to arms" mustered 90 ships (so this is going to be their best response) and yet the guy says that it wasn't needed.  Doesn't that mean if they hadn't put out the call they would have had a smaller turn out...  20% less of them and it would have been about equal on both sides.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:08:47 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 01:08:15 PM »
lol -the usual management spin.
53% effectivness isn't really an awesome K/D ratio and it looks like they had a mix of BS's & BC's - a few Hics thrown in - so I don't see how their DPS & tanking was "lighter" esp considering they had remote reppers in their group.

I also find it funny that their "call to arms" mustered 90 ships (so this is going to be their best response) and yet the guy says that it wasn't needed.  Doesn't that mean if they hadn't put out the call they would have had a smaller turn out...  20% less of them and it would have been about equal on both sides.

Territory ripe for the taking ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
how does this killmail stuff work btw? never quite understood what it means