Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Hurbster

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Thanks
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »
Cheers for the invite !

Saw you through the guild page on the SWTOR website. I am a 40 year old English bloke, not terribly hardcore, looking to get back into grouping again after WoW made me scared of pugs and tanking. I am mainly available during evenings and weekends. I have some experience with mmorpgs, starting with AC2, then Ryzom, EQ/EQ2, LoTRO (loved it then I hit the grind in the 40's) Rifts and WoW (off/on for years), bit of a fantasy/sci-fi nerd to be honest.

Used to play pen and paper rpgs way back when I was a wee student, tried the beta for TOR and fell in love with it. Familiar enough to be able to 'get it' instantly but unlike RIFT has soul.

Anyway cheers and I'll see you in game

Hurbster (Andy).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
Welcome Hurbster.

Seems like you will fit right in here.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:11 PM »
welcome to the mad house matey
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »
>>> MUST LINK THIS BECAUSE EMBEDDING IS NOT POSSIBLE <<< (No worries Caradir, naked chubby butt free zone).

(I made you think about it didn't I. I still can't believe she called it pasty.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:41:27 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »
(I made you think about it didn't I. I still can't believe she called it pasty.)

hehe
remember im Scottish "pasty" is normal ;)

p.s. stop high jacking new peoples thread they may think we aint all there ;)

*shhhh*
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 12:55:14 AM »
The vast majority of characters in my previous post is on topic. It's just behind the link. =P
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:36:38 AM »
welcome dude!

laters elv

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 09:21:01 AM »
Welcome to HoJ!

My your evenings and weekends be field with the inane banality of our guild chat!

Or something. ;)

Offline Spelmamma

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »
More Hands for the Justice!

I am, myself, a recent addition to this merry group of men (?). As I did bring a few friends with me, we have been dubbed The Ikea Assembly.

So here's from The Ikea Assembly: Welcome Hurbster!