Author Topic: Incarna 1.0  (Read 10266 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Incarna 1.0
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
EVE Online: Incarna 1.0 is scheduled for deployment during an extended downtime on Tuesday, June 21. Downtime will begin at 07:00 UTC and is expected to be completed by 17:00 UTC. During this extended downtime some of EVE Online websites and API will be temporarily unavailable.

Jesus, 10h downtime. Guess Jon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QoA44c23A
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Incarna 1.0
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »
Yup!  And tbh this "patchpansion" doesnt have anything for me at all.  No new ships, not many ship fixes (and most of those are superficial to looks etc), no huge number of fixes to known and reported bugs either.

Just dress up game instead.

And 13 wars on Serenity is rather fun.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
Yup!  And tbh this "patchpansion" doesnt have anything for me at all.  No new ships, not many ship fixes (and most of those are superficial to looks etc), no huge number of fixes to known and reported bugs either.

Just dress up game instead.

And 13 wars on Serenity is rather fun.

so your not into faceships and microtransactions? (sorry ccp dont use that term ;)  )

Hannibal being Amarr isnt happy about his Captains quarter being all slave chic
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
On facebook:

It is my solemn duty to let you know that the servers pictured here have a new estimated time of being up with Incarna. 23:30
Thank you for your patience.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
On facebook:

It is my solemn duty to let you know that the servers pictured here have a new estimated time of being up with Incarna. 23:30
Thank you for your patience.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Meanwhile, on Serenity...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »
So CCP fail once again.

Jump clone bugs - can only JC from a pod, and you arent in a pod when not in a ship anymore...

Microtransaction store:

Aurum are made from plex at a rate of 3500A = 1Plex.  So that monocle costs 4 plex, which cost what £45 if you buy 2 GTC's and split them, so not a MICROtransaction...

More bugs/feedback here: http://failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2395

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
http://store.eveonline.com

Guristas Hooded Sweatshirt : 39.99$

EVE Logo T-Shirt : 19.99$

NeX Aurum Store:

Virtual Vanity Item, "Space Monocle" : 12,000 Aurum = 4x PLEX = 2x EVE TIME CODES = 2x 35$ = 70$

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:45:42 AM »
If your machine isnt that good, DONT linger in station with CQ activated, it can rape it...

Switch it off - but then you cant even ship spin as you just get a static image....

I logged in, got annoyed logged off, logged back onto Serenity.  CCP have fucked with the one MMO to hold my attention for years...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
oh noes, I dont want a character to look at when in station, so i turn it off, but then I can't look at my ship anymore, oh noes!

:D :D :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »
oh noes, I dont want a character to look at when in station, so i turn it off, but then I can't look at my ship anymore, oh noes!

Make matters worse, the option to turn off CQ is temporary.  (And I like looking at ships in station, after all its the thing that drew me in in the first place, spaceships.)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »

Make matters worse, the option to turn off CQ is temporary.  (And I like looking at ships in station, after all its the thing that drew me in in the first place, spaceships.)

k, you got a point there  :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
Leaked CCP document called Fearless: Greed is Good?

its worth a read

http://www.mediafire.com/?ccl135embyb6c2v
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
Read it late late late lastnight:

http://failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2434

Is all about it - some past and current CSM giving opinions on its validity etc.

EVEO is more full of rage and quit threads than I have ever seen.

Me, I am just disappointed.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 12:06:44 PM »
seems like they've just adapted it a little bit to appeal to the 'newer' 00bs. Like the agent finder and the star map being altered a bit with the default jump lines.

I think the CQ is awesome, just a trial at the mo, but when it gets in the full swing of things it'll house allsorts of awesome shit! Player owned cantinas, drug dens etc etc etc. you cant tell me that's not cool. Admittedly i've turned the CQ off due to graphics card fuckery, but getting a new one when i get paid. I dont think theyve ruined EVE at all, just added something a bit cosmetic onto it. No harm done.

Even managed to get a nice group of Pandion Knights guildies playing. 6 or 7 of us atm, just general care-bearing/mining until everyone gets a bit of ISK/skills

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
seems like they've just adapted it a little bit to appeal to the 'newer' 00bs. Like the agent finder and the star map being altered a bit with the default jump lines.

I think the CQ is awesome, just a trial at the mo, but when it gets in the full swing of things it'll house allsorts of awesome shit! Player owned cantinas, drug dens etc etc etc. you cant tell me that's not cool. Admittedly i've turned the CQ off due to graphics card fuckery, but getting a new one when i get paid. I dont think theyve ruined EVE at all, just added something a bit cosmetic onto it. No harm done.

Even managed to get a nice group of Pandion Knights guildies playing. 6 or 7 of us atm, just general care-bearing/mining until everyone gets a bit of ISK/skills

I can cope with cosmetic, I can cope with vanity MT, I can cope with "optional" GQ/Station nonsense, what i dont like is leaning more and more to Mt, suggestions it should be used to give us more fittings, or an ingame advantage etc, or their lack of micro in the MT store (equiv of 50quid for a monocle...).

You got some PK to play eve?  Noice!  I'll have to try and log TQ more after my vacation then - if advice/help is needed etc :)