Author Topic: Up Yours GOA!  (Read 10020 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Up Yours GOA!
« on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
Goa will no longer be the EU distributor of WAR.

Mythic are doing it themselves.

Too little too late, but still its hilarious!!!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Up Yours GOA!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
i sense it going free to play soon
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »
took them long enough time to listen to what ppl were saying about GOA long before the game launched. ::)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »
Lol :)

Well they didn't listen to the collective cries about not allowing pre-orders to register beforehand when they launched either :P

Goa has been a complete and utter failure and is in my opinion one of the main reason WAR! failed, expanding the servers like they did in the begining was doomed to make for empty servers.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
The right decission, sadly a couple years late. GOA was a failure already during beta, and it didn't exactly get better after launch...

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »
Seems we will all get 2 weeks of free playtime when the servers migrate :P

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Seems we will all get 2 weeks of free playtime when the servers migrate :P

Press release:

BioWare Mythic assumes responsibility for WAR in Europe immediately. Once the transition begins, access to European servers for WAR will be suspended for 48 to 72 hours as new servers are brought online. The full game will then be accessible and to celebrate all current and former European subscribers will receive 14 days of free gameplay. Standard billing rates will resume after this free* game play period.

All characters and account information will be migrated to BioWare Mythic servers and be available to present and past players. In addition, new players will be able to create a free endless trial account.

woot - even ex subscribers get time :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Apparently the freetime started yesterday.

I cant login mind, as I forgot my passwords.  So I changed one - can log into the old GOA site, but not mythics and cant login to the game at all :(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 06:50:48 AM »

I cant login mind, as I forgot my passwords.  So I changed one - can log into the old GOA site, but not mythics and cant login to the game at all :(
Does anyone have any luck with their original accounts? My (once) paid account seems to have disappeared. I already had trouble logging into it with the Tier 1 free to play, so I didnt think and created a 2nd account, but now I look into it further the Mythic site seems not to recognize my original username etc., just the one I used for the free account.  :-[
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 08:29:09 AM »
I logged in ok. Kurtt is still there, and still in HoJ at lvl 17. Which server were we on again?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »

Does anyone have any luck with their original accounts? My (once) paid account seems to have disappeared. I already had trouble logging into it with the Tier 1 free to play, so I didnt think and created a 2nd account, but now I look into it further the Mythic site seems not to recognize my original username etc., just the one I used for the free account.  :-[

Try adding _EUR to the end of your username.

http://forums.war-europe.com/warhammeronline/board/message?board.id=Transitional&thread.id=1&view=by_date_ascending&page=9

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
yeah, tried that too, but doesnt work.
I tried both the username and login name I got in my original registration confirmation, with and without suffix, but it aint budging  :-[
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 06:14:38 PM »
yeah, tried that too, but doesnt work.
I tried both the username and login name I got in my original registration confirmation, with and without suffix, but it aint budging  :-[

Im fucked because I cant recall the password to either my old main acct or the free account (the l10 one) and if I change them (which I tried with one) then Mythic dont even see that change as they only received the old password.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
So, I changed my password for my mythic master account (same as my goa/war-eu acct details), then changed the games password from inside there. It works :D

Just fucking about with patches and such now.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »
I logged in ok. Kurtt is still there, and still in HoJ at lvl 17. Which server were we on again?

Karak Azgal.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:53:44 PM by Mangala »