Author Topic: Agee of empires online  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Agee of empires online
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »
http://ageofempiresonline.com/

whilst ill give it a go im disturbed by the £75 season 1 goody option :S

Free = 0 =/= £75 or am i dumb?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Agee of empires online
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:33:30 AM »

Obviously this is a CCP game?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
Obviously this is a CCP game?

worse M$ and gas powered
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:36:02 AM »

I totally agree,
but look at what you get

Big world, huge value! For a limited time, get the first six months of Age of Empires Online content (8/16/2011-2/16/2012) at more than 30% off! Premium Greek/Premium Egyptian/Pro Persian/Premium Celt Civilizations, Defense of Crete Booster Pack, Empire Extras, and more! Items will automatically appear in your game on release. Be sure to not repurchase items included in the Seasons Pass I. *Broadband Internet required; service fees may apply.

so you pay 2 to 3 times the value of a normal pc game to have this game you can play half a year.
why doesnt that sound logical?

Might be i am reading it incorrectly because i am not an English native speaker :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
apparently its more pay 2 win than free 2 play... (according to this review)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-17-age-of-empires-online-review

stunted tech tree, less crafting to name but a few.

Glad i have SPAZ now :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 12:06:26 AM »
having played it briefly and noy planning on touching it again , it really is pay to win . suck harder than henry.